Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I experienced the Rear Seat Occupany Alarm and it threw me for a loop. I had earlier washed the car and then vacuumed it out at a car wash. Then I drove it home and parked it turning the engine off departing the Palisade. I came back outside to move the Palisade so I started the car and put it into Drive. The car screen lite up and informed me I needed to place the car in Park. Confused I did what it asked and turned it off again. I waited a few moments and restarted the car a second time, got the same indications. It would not allow me to put the car into Drive. This time I left it running and put it in park and just sat there considering my options. At this point the center screen gave me the Rear Seat Occupancy Alarm. Having read about this I now understood what was happening. At the car wash I had opened and shut the drivers door and then opened and shut the passenger door vacuuming. After I was done I got in the car and drove it home. The Palisade registered my actions as indicating that someone had entered the passenger seat rear and upon my turning the car off at home the first time, that supposed person failed to exit the vehicle. Hence the Palisade insisted that I let that imaginary person out prior to allowing me to drive the vehicle any further. I had to get out, open and shut the rear passenger door and then climb back in the drivers seat at which time it allowed me to move the vehicle without any further delay. This car is a learning opportunity.

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I have not tried to recreate this situation. I do not use the Palisade as a daily drive. That being said I will try to recreate the situation later today and post the outcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.