Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Interesting look... I like them, but would need to see more angles. Would love an OEM look...

For now, doing the tablets and headrest mounts method for the girls in the back.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Where did you buy those?
Purchased them on Amazon.
These are tablets and can download everything over android Phone
or wifi hot spot. These were the Deybon version.
They are not cheap but work just like a computer as well as a video player
and TV. Touch screen and can play the switch wirelessly. Sound can be
sent thru the in Palisade entertainment system with the FM radio
wired or wireless head phones.
They also sell a nice 12.5" dvd player version

·
Read Only
0 Posts
did they come with the back lights? or was that something you added? Can you link the Amazon item?

Looks good!

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can change the color of the light coming from the bottom.
I thought about running the wiring( it came with it) to hard wire to fuse panel
it has wiring for the cigarette lighter or a 115 volt plug.
I used the 115 volt plug in our out let on back of console
It is easy to hide the wiring as the back of the seat has that hard shell
with the small gap between it and the rest of seat. Just slide the wiring in to that
on top and down the side of seat.
here is the one I bought
Amazon.com: DEYBON Car Android Tablet Large 13.3 inch Headrest Video Players with WiFi 2.4G, Sync Screen Tablets Phone Mirror Car Back Seat TV, IPS Touchscreen 4K, Play Movies YouTube Netflix, 2G+16G: Car Electronics
This is just a tablet, if you want to use dvd's you need to buy an android dvd player. ( I had one)
like I said if it is just for playing dvd's , you are better off buying the 12.5" dvd player.
I like this one because you can down load dvd's on the conputer put on a usb or card.
down load games and programs right on the android tablet from google play store.
connect to wifi hot spot on phone and watch movies, see news, you tube, or email
Only down fall you have to down load all the apps to the tablet, they are not pre loaded.
works really well has an 8 core processor and the screen is IPS LED looks nice and clear
can connect other tablets 2,3,or 4 for other seats

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, this is great info. This unit is great. But If I already have IPAD? Why not mount the same with additional mount? I am not able to understand what different I can get from such device than my regular tab? This even doesn't have remote control (difference than the tab) which can be used by kids so that they can sit far from screen to reduce eye strain. Could you pl suggest any advantages of buying such unit? (I dont want DVD player as I like the streaming/memory storage option better)

Thanks
Captain_Hook

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
An Ipad will work fine. I just liked this because it can use streaming, internal memory , usb thumb drives or memory cards for storage.
can be hooked up thru the palisade navigation system with wiring included. mirror my wife s phone, or tablet. send
sound of video or music thru the palisades stereo system. We also use a dvd player which gets it's power right from the USB
works with our T-mobil hot spot connection for the Palisade for internet. wired head phones, wireless head phones or send to fm radio.
You can do most of this with the I pad and save money

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
169 Posts
An Ipad will work fine. I just liked this because it can use streaming, internal memory , usb thumb drives or memory cards for storage.
can be hooked up thru the palisade navigation system with wiring included. mirror my wife s phone, or tablet. send
sound of video or music thru the palisades stereo system. We also use a dvd player which gets it's power right from the USB
works with our T-mobil hot spot connection for the Palisade for internet. wired head phones, wireless head phones or send to fm radio.
Save money? Have you seen the prices of iPads? LOL :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. It helps. Added storage and screen sharing with phone is the main advantage it seems with these devices than the tab

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Mine came with wiring so it can be used with the 115V transformer included, Or you can run the included wiring harness up front to the fuse block.
It is a 12 Volt adapter not 5 Volts.
I just ran the wire down inside the seat back cover. Slides right in. then down to the 115V outlet on the back of the console.
It also supplies a 12V cigarette outlet adapter so one can be plugged into 115V and the other the 12V outlet on console
You can use the included HDMI cable to connect the two together for power. So only needs the one 115 Volt power source
If you go to Amazon and lookup the monitor scroll down you can see installation video's
Amazon.com: DEYBON Car Android Tablet Large 13.3 inch Headrest Video Players with WiFi 2.4G, Sync Screen Tablets Phone Mirror Car Back Seat TV, IPS Touchscreen 4K, HDMI Input/Output YouTube Netflix, USB 2G+16G: Car Electronics

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just found out that 2022 models have Rear seat Entertainment included from Factory for top trims. To Add, dealership is asking $1350+

I'd rather install Android Tablets (450$ Total or less), but the only issue is discrete wiring. Anyone can find minimalistic cables like below picture, that has sideways cabling. That way we can just stick to the seat.

Material property Auto part Font Cable Circle

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just found out that 2022 models have Rear seat Entertainment included from Factory for top trims. To Add, dealership is asking $1350+

I'd rather install Android Tablets (450$ Total or less), but the only issue is discrete wiring. Anyone can find minimalistic cables like below picture, that has sideways cabling. That way we can just stick to the seat.

View attachment 5396
Don't buy L shape cable at USB side. One will stay up and other will stay down. I tried it. Best to buy this type.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't buy L shape cable at USB side. One will stay up and other will stay down. I tried it. Best to buy this type.
Looks bulky. How about this?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts