Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have a 2022 Palisade purchased on 8/29/2021. The rear passenger lower door trim has come detached. This piece goes over part of the rear tire and extends along the entire bottom of the door.

I took it to the dealer and they told me it was damaged and needs to be replaced. They are saying I hit something or someone hit me in a parking lot. There is no visible damage and I certainly didn't hit anything. They want $398 plus labor to replace it. Given the amount of $$$ I paid for this vehicle and all of the warranty coverage I feel strongly that this should be covered.

Anyone experience this issue or any advice on recourse here?

Final question. Does anyone know what this part is called so I can try to buy it myself?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know the name or number for this part? Anyone else experience issues with exterior trim coming off? Very aggravated by this but moreover by the fact that hyundai won't cover it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks to be the right part. There are several clips on the one I have and it appears one of them is broken. Thank you both very much. Dealer price: $400, actual price: $150. What a rip off!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it's been a bit, but adding my comments in case it helps. We had the same issue with Palisade purchased in May 2021. Rear bottom door trim detached with just a graze across my leg as the door was closing. When we looked down inside the length of the door trim, it had quite clearly been damaged in assembly (before we got it) as a lower clip was missing and a piece of foam tape was holding the panel along the edge around the spot there should have been a clip. The top 2 clips were intact. The clips (pictured in previous post) can be removed from slot in door by rotating 90 degrees. (keep a good grip as they are hard to retrieve if you drop them) Then slide them into clip holder on trim piece. They will just snap back into door with slight pressure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts