Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their rear occupancy alarm just go off? Hubby and I ran errands earlier today and got back home around 7. At 10:26 my alarm went off. There was no one in or near the vehicle. Any words of wisdom?

·
Super Moderator
958 Posts
Mine has worked fine, But I thought it went off one time Da! only to realize I got out with the key in pocket and car was still running. Do you have your phone set to send you an alert if it goes off. Good way to tell if that is what alarm is going off.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That happened to me quite awhile ago and never again. There was nobody in or near the car at all so it remains a mystery.

You can turn the system off if you want to but I left mine on even tho we have no kids or dogs at home

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine did that once, but I ended up disabling it because:

1. Go to the car.
  2. Open the rear door and set a backpack or bag in the backseat
  3. Get in front, drive to the destination, park.
  4. Get out, and as soon as you open the driver's door, you get the chime and warning to "Check the backseat". Ugh
I wish there was a way to keep the sonar/movement based rear seat alert on while turning off the "was a backdoor opened before the driver's door" audio and visual warning, but there is not.

·
Registered
466 Posts
That's a good warning to remove the backpack or bag from your backseat since leaving any "treasure" in sight is an invitation to the car boosting criminals to go ahead and smash your window to see if they won a lottery (laptop).

ask anyone who has parked a car in San Francisco if they'd ever leave a backpack or bag in their back seat. anyone who has said they have no problem leaving a backpack or any bag visible in their parked cars are just the minority who haven't had their car boosted yet. It's sad that it's become the norm for cars to get boosted, and many more even go unreported because the tourists either don't have time to report it or figure they'll never get their stuff back anyways so they don't report it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@tyrerm
My ROA started going off every 10 minutes in the middle of night about a couple of months ago. It was very painful for me and my neighbors because the siren was quite loud and irritating. No-one and nothing was inside the car, not even a small bag or anything else. I had to turn this off. Tried to research similar cases on the web, but at the time there was nothing. Still haven't come up with a solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just happened to me! Between 10pm and 11pm it just started going off repeatedly with no one and nothing in the back seat. We'd turn off the alarm check the seats and a few min later or would go off again. WTF?! Never had the issue previously but God, what a terrible behavior! Now I'm the shitty neighbor with car alarms blaring late at night!

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
186 Posts
That's a good warning to remove the backpack or bag from your backseat since leaving any "treasure" in sight is an invitation to the car boosting criminals to go ahead and smash your window to see if they won a lottery (laptop).

ask anyone who has parked a car in San Francisco if they'd ever leave a backpack or bag in their back seat. anyone who has said they have no problem leaving a backpack or any bag visible in their parked cars are just the minority who haven't had their car boosted yet. It's sad that it's become the norm for cars to get boosted, and many more even go unreported because the tourists either don't have time to report it or figure they'll never get their stuff back anyways so they don't report it.
But he's saying the alarm goes off as soon as the driver's door is opened. Before he would even have a chance to retrieve the backpack.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The actual alarm or the ding and alert on the dash to check back seats? The latter is standard on lots of new vehicles.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine has gone off twice. Both times I had the car locked and the rear windows down to let the heat from the sun vent out of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine went off yesterday after I took my son out of the car. I think what triggered it was having the windows down and the sun shade up. I think the wind probably blew on the shade and cause motion, triggering the alarm. I got the alert on my phone and the alarm from the car. I stopped it by clicking the lock button on my fob. It happened another couple times, so I just ended up unlocking the car. That stopped it from going off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts