Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe there are any official options from Hyundai, anyone done anything themselves and found units that work well with the car?

·
Registered
47 Posts
We were at first treating the fact that the Palisade didn't offer the RES as a negative. However after thinking about it more, we decided that blu-ray based systems being offered in competitor models will be obsolete soon anyway. Additionally, it's just too easy to replace the RES with 2-3 ipads, which can make everyone happy, and is cheaper and more portable anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, I don't mind a tablet based solution, but I was curious if anyone has a found a certain set of products (media servers, apps, headrest attachments) that work well? Was hoping not to try to figure this all out myself :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sure, I don't mind a tablet based solution, but I was curious if anyone has a found a certain set of products (media servers, apps, headrest attachments) that work well? Was hoping not to try to figure this all out myself :)
We used to have a built-in solution in our old car but being able to remove the tablets as well as the price makes this a no brainer for us. I just got 256gb micro sd cards and I can swap out movies (holds around 40 movies encoded in mp4 format). They use plex to play movies and after you enable google play store on the tablet you can download almost any app. The following is what we use, kids have been very happy!

Amazon Fire Tablet HD 10"

Lamicall Headrest Mount

Mkay Wireless Bluetooth Headphones

·
Registered
24 Posts
I measured the depth from post to edge of holder and it’s 2.5 inches deep approximately. The rear seats’ headrest is a little bulkier in the front than the back of the front’s headrests so it might not work. There are a ton of other options like strap on holders and extending ones that will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts