Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Canada so my model is a little different but I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable rear child safety locks. Everytime I park and get out my family members in the back are locked in unless I hit the unlock button which is annoying. On my dodge, everything unlocks as I've got them disabled. Does anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It’s definitely in the car settings somewhere. I remember the dealer showing us how to do it. Can’t remember off the top of my head, but maybe it was a part of the settings in the instrument panel that is controlled with the steering wheel buttons - not the main infotainment screen.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does it look like this one? If so, I thought that just disabled window controls.

That button doubles as the Electronic child safety lock switch; when enabled, passengers cannot open the rear doors from the inside. Also, the Safe Exit Assist feature is only active when this switch is enabled. It's kind of silly that this button also activates the window lock.

See pages 3-20 and 3-45 in the owner's manual for more info.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Does it look like this one? If so, I thought that just disabled window controls.

You didn't specify your trim level, so...

On higher trim levels, this button is the child safety lock which prevents the rear doors from opening. It also disables the window controls for rear passengers.
On lower trim levels, the child safety lock needs to be set on the inside of the rear door with a screw driver. Presumably, on those trims, the button in your image only locks the windows and has no effect on the doors.

However, I don't think that's what you're describing. You're saying that once you unlock the doors, then passengers can exit. If that's the case, then the child safety lock isn't on. I think you probably need the setting in the infotainment system located under Vehicle Settings / Door / Auto Unlock. Change that to what you desire.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
175 Posts
Just came across this thread with same question. I just wanted to lock the windows to prevent passengers from opening them accidentally since I just got them tinted. Next thing I know everyone is locked.

So there's no way to only lock the windows without also enabling child safety locks on rear door since it's one button for both. Would be better if it was separate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts