Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealership stated since they can't replicate, I could buy another rear view mirror. Then the female service advisor at Grayson Hyundai (Knoxville, TN) stated it's probably a safety thing for women. "You know, women don't want the garage door opening and letting someone sneak in so it's programmed at a shorter distance".

That's what I get for living in a smaller city that doesn't have enough competition to keep them honest.

I still get within 4-2 feet till it works. I've spliced the antenna and added 8 ' more pure copper wire to extend it, but nothing.

At the point of never buying a Hyundai again (Vibration in Gas Pedal, Alarm goes off randomly... once around 2:30 am while parked in garage). $56,000 can go a long way on a different make/model.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
694 Posts
I have opened mine from at least 400' away. Check your light bulbs in the opener as led lights can interfere with garage door openers. If you have led lights in the opener take them out and then test the distance. You may need a different set of lights.

·
Registered
694 Posts
FYI - A garage door typically works on a freq of 288-360 mhz where as led lights emit a freq of 30-300 mhz. If the frequencies overlap then the freq from the led lights will interfere with the garage door and limit the remotes range or block it all together.

Reactions: motnasia007

·
Registered
11 Posts
The opener is the motor that is in the garage. The mirror is the remote.
FYI - A garage door typically works on a freq of 288-360 mhz where as led lights emit a freq of 30-300 mhz. If the frequencies overlap then the freq from the led lights will interfere with the garage door and limit the remotes range or block it all together.
Ok, so there are buttons to manually control the motor and are lit up in red (possibly LED, but dim). Are you saying the original remote from 2011 that came with the motor works from 2 houses down, but the mirror on the car may not because of these lights? If so, are you suggesting I take a part the motor and somehow disengage/remove/stop the faint lights under the buttons on the circuit board to fix it?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ok, so there are buttons to manually control the motor and are lit up in red (possibly LED, but dim). Are you saying the original remote from 2011 that came with the motor works from 2 houses down, but the mirror on the car may not because of these lights? If so, are you suggesting I take a part the motor and somehow disengage/remove/stop the faint lights under the buttons on the circuit board to fix it?
The light bulbs in the garage door opener.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The
The light bulbs in the garage door opener.
So I use the mirror button to open the garage. Thus, you're stating don't change the LED lights on the motor, but on the mirror of the car right?

The only other remote I use (hand-held) is what came with the original garage door system (works great).

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
281 Posts
Anyone else frustrated with the limited range of the garage door opener remote built into the mirror? I back out of my garage, stop 5 feet outside and push the button and nothing...same from 10, 15 or 20 feet (and in all directions). The only time my it works is when I am in the garage right underneath the opener motor. All my other cars (old and new) have range from 40 to 50 ft away. I have a long antennae hanging down from my door opener motor so its not a problem on that side. Any constructive thoughts?
Mine also works great. A minimum of 1/2 block away.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
281 Posts
The

So I use the mirror button to open the garage. Thus, you're stating don't change the LED lights on the motor, but on the mirror of the car right?

The only other remote I use (hand-held) is what came with the original garage door system (works great).
The use of most LED light in the garage door opener itself WILL affect the range of the opener. If you, like me, want to use LED bulbs in the garage door opener just make sure they're compatible. You can either check this on your door opener manufacture's website or just go with one that work with Chamberlain opener noted on Amazon.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts