Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else frustrated with the limited range of the garage door opener remote built into the mirror? I back out of my garage, stop 5 feet outside and push the button and nothing...same from 10, 15 or 20 feet (and in all directions). The only time my it works is when I am in the garage right underneath the opener motor. All my other cars (old and new) have range from 40 to 50 ft away. I have a long antennae hanging down from my door opener motor so its not a problem on that side. Any constructive thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
Mine opens the garage door from half way down the block, best distance I've ever had on our door opener.
Have you tried canceling the door from the palisade and repairing, might just be a bad pairing happened.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone else frustrated with the limited range of the garage door opener remote built into the mirror? I back out of my garage, stop 5 feet outside and push the button and nothing...same from 10, 15 or 20 feet (and in all directions). The only time my it works is when I am in the garage right underneath the opener motor. All my other cars (old and new) have range from 40 to 50 ft away. I have a long antennae hanging down from my door opener motor so its not a problem on that side. Any constructive thoughts?
Our's works from 50 or 60 feet out...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine works from at least 50 feet away and maybe even more. I haven't had any issues with mine. I would definitely try to "reset" it and see if that helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
mine works more than 50 feet for sure, sometime it would not work, may be it's garage door or something else interfering.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Another person whose garage door opener works very well. And a second to ckon's suggestion to check the antenna on your garage door opener. Maybe you disconnected it, or moved it, while pairing it to your Palisade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wifi, modems and even signals from radios and home security systems can interfere. Try pointing your antenna in a diffifferent direction, sometimes even straight back. I have owned a garage door co for 35 years and in the business for over 50 years.

·
Registered
502 Posts
All true but there is an alternative possibility since the OP indicates there other car operate their garage just fine. I would suggest as you are aware the mirror is a self contained device with a built in garage door opener/s.

* * I should think the mostly likely issue that the built in transceiver Antenna in the mirror itself is defective, **

·
Registered
31 Posts
Try keeping the button pressed for longer than 1 - 2 secs...see if that works.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
310 Posts
Since this old thread is back. Anyone having this issue try this...

Find the little antenna wire on the back of the garage door motor. Splice it. Get another roll of wire, splice one end and connect to the antenna wire. Run the other end and leave it hanging somewhere near the door.

I did this and now can open the garage before I even turn onto my street.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts