Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else struggling to get the rain-sensing wipers to work properly? When I have mine set on auto, it will sometimes come on intermittently (but not quickly enough before I have to trigger it due to not being able to see), or not at all. And this morning as I drove out of the garage, the windshield fogged up and the wipers would not stop wiping, even after the windshield was "dry." I did a search but did not find anyone mentioning this. Apparently this is a bigger issue on the Telluride forums, and Kia even issued a TSB for a part replacement... Just wondering if other Palisade owners have encountered this issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you try adjusting the sensitivity of the auto wipers with the control knob? When you change the setting, you'll also see the setting pop up on the right-hand circle on the instrument cluster (where the Tach is usually). I've had to adjust my setting occasionally depending on the rain conditions.

The same control knob is used to adjust the timing of the wipes when set to intermittent mode. See pages 3-144, 3-145 in the manual.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is anyone else struggling to get the rain-sensing wipers to work properly? When I have mine set on auto, it will sometimes come on intermittently (but not quickly enough before I have to trigger it due to not being able to see), or not at all. And this morning as I drove out of the garage, the windshield fogged up and the wipers would not stop wiping, even after the windshield was "dry." I did a search but did not find anyone mentioning this. Apparently this is a bigger issue on the Telluride forums, and Kia even issued a TSB for a part replacement... Just wondering if other Palisade owners have encountered this issue.
Yes, I am having issues as well. I can turn the intermittent all the way up and it will work for a few seconds but then take an extended break before activating again. What is strange is that it seems to stop when you need them the most...like when there is opposing traffic. I have to either manually run the wiper or just set it to low.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts