Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent the last few weeks heavily researching 3 row SUVs and I only came across the Palisade when the Kia Telluride showed up on Consumer Reports as the 2nd ranked 3rd row SUV. I liked the Telluride though the more rugged exterior was not as appealing to my wife. Upon closer inspection, I really needed captain's chairs as I have a 5 year old and 6 month old along with a 65lb. dog who comes to work every day. I'd have to go up to the SX model on the Telluride to get the captain's chairs with the other features I wanted. I traded in a 2018 Volvo XC60 T6 Momentum, where I owed nearly 29K on and after owning it for 16 months had to get rid of it (I bought it not knowing we'd have a second child, but was happy to get rid of the $700 monthly payment on it).

I went to a few dealerships last week but could only find the SEL with the convenience and premium packages with a bench seat or only the convenience package and cloth seats. One dealership also tossed in a $500 discount way down the line even though there is an active $500 promotion if you trade in a qualified car, which I was.

Anyway, I went in to look at a car that had the two packages I wanted only to learn it was sold last night, because, of course it happened like that. The GM at the dealership was driving a white SEL with premium and convenience, also the driver guidance package (which I didn't need) and tinted windows. He cut the price about $1500 off MSRP (which was 45,000) and came up a bit on my trade in but I couldn't get the monthly payment to work within my budget. While we were going back and forth I saw in their stock on website that they had a Burgundy SEL around the same price as the two packages 42 and change MSPR but no other details. Apparently it arrived at dealership last night and wasn't fully in the system yet (no window sticker, etc.). Long story short, I made the numbers work, ran into a friend at the dealership, got the $500 coupon up front and they included a $750 LoJack for free because of my friend.

Happy to be a first time Hyundai owner and having a comfortable 3 row car to transport my entire family in!

I live in New Jersey btw.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've spent the last few weeks heavily researching 3 row SUVs and I only came across the Palisade when the Kia Telluride showed up on Consumer Reports as the 2nd ranked 3rd row SUV. I liked the Telluride though the more rugged exterior was not as appealing to my wife. Upon closer inspection, I really needed captain's chairs as I have a 5 year old and 6 month old along with a 65lb. dog who comes to work every day. I'd have to go up to the SX model on the Telluride to get the captain's chairs with the other features I wanted. I traded in a 2018 Volvo XC60 T6 Momentum, where I owed nearly 29K on and after owning it for 16 months had to get rid of it (I bought it not knowing we'd have a second child, but was happy to get rid of the $700 monthly payment on it).

I went to a few dealerships last week but could only find the SEL with the convenience and premium packages with a bench seat or only the convenience package and cloth seats. One dealership also tossed in a $500 discount way down the line even though there is an active $500 promotion if you trade in a qualified car, which I was.

Anyway, I went in to look at a car that had the two packages I wanted only to learn it was sold last night, because, of course it happened like that. The GM at the dealership was driving a white SEL with premium and convenience, also the driver guidance package (which I didn't need) and tinted windows. He cut the price about $1500 off MSRP (which was 45,000) and came up a bit on my trade in but I couldn't get the monthly payment to work within my budget. While we were going back and forth I saw in their stock on website that they had a Burgundy SEL around the same price as the two packages 42 and change MSPR but no other details. Apparently it arrived at dealership last night and wasn't fully in the system yet (no window sticker, etc.). Long story short, I made the numbers work, ran into a friend at the dealership, got the $500 coupon up front and they included a $750 LoJack for free because of my friend.

Happy to be a first time Hyundai owner and having a comfortable 3 row car to transport my entire family in!

I live in New Jersey btw.
thats a pretty awsome story glad it went well ,Some car dealerships are motivated to sell and timing is everything the low jack is it called SWAT because it was called that when I purchased SEL FWD Convenience pkg cloth seat..
thats

some dealers are notat the end

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a pretty awsome story glad it went well ,Some car dealerships are motivated to sell and timing is everything the low jack is it called SWAT because it was called that when I purchased SEL FWD Convenience pkg cloth seat..
thats

some dealers are notat the end
Yes I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and having driven it for 10 days I'm starting to get used to drive a wider and longer car though my biggest adjustment will probably be having a car with a gas tank on the driver's side after my last two cars were on the passenger side.

The LoJack to me is very important because I had a car stolen several years back which they ended up finding and was a giant hassle so this offers me more peace of mind there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts