Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Palisade was estimated to be delivered on 12/18. Then delayed to 12/27. Then delayed to 1/10. Now delayed to 1/11. A friend of mine ordered the trim, color, and interior at another dealer in my area with the exact same delivery date. Hers was also delayed until 12/27 but delivered on 12/26. We know that mine came into port on 12/7 (same day as hers). We know it was "purified" the next day. It has been sitting at the port since then. It was estimated to leave port on 1/3 but it looks like that didn't happen. Does anyone have any insights about what happens once it gets into port and any possible explanation about why my friends car came in on the same boat on the same day and she received hers more than 2 weeks before I will (if I even get it on the 11th). Any thoughts? Of course I'm worried there was damage and no one will tell us so I'm trying to figure out if there is another explanation possible. Anyone know what the process is at the port and what may have delayed it? If there was an accident, would they be repairing at the port? My dealer says he has no insight. All he gets is the actual dates and estimated dates of the process but no other info. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
My Palisade was estimated to be delivered on 12/18. Then delayed to 12/27. Then delayed to 1/10. Now delayed to 1/11. A friend of mine ordered the trim, color, and interior at another dealer in my area with the exact same delivery date. Hers was also delayed until 12/27 but delivered on 12/26. We know that mine came into port on 12/7 (same day as hers). We know it was "purified" the next day. It has been sitting at the port since then. It was estimated to leave port on 1/3 but it looks like that didn't happen. Does anyone have any insights about what happens once it gets into port and any possible explanation about why my friends car came in on the same boat on the same day and she received hers more than 2 weeks before I will (if I even get it on the 11th). Any thoughts? Of course I'm worried there was damage and no one will tell us so I'm trying to figure out if there is another explanation possible. Anyone know what the process is at the port and what may have delayed it? If there was an accident, would they be repairing at the port? My dealer says he has no insight. All he gets is the actual dates and estimated dates of the process but no other info. Thoughts?
Unfortunately, there isn't much the dealer can do. I went through the same thing with ours and the port gives no updates to the dealership. They just keep bumping the date.

In our case, they were replacing tires because of flat-spots caused by the long ship time at sea (my port of entry is Philadelphia, which takes longer to get to than west coast ports). And they were out of tires, so they had to wait for some to come in. I'm not saying that is your issue - just my anecdotal data point.

My dealership struggled to get that info out of them. A date was never provided until it actually got on a trailer and left the port. Hyundai logistics sucks at this, unfortunately. Best you dealer can do is continuously call the port for updates. But that might strain their relationship with the port, which they need for their ongoing business.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, there isn't much the dealer can do. I went through the same thing with ours and the port gives no updates to the dealership. They just keep bumping the date.

In our case, they were replacing tires because of flat-spots caused by the long ship time at sea (my port of entry is Philadelphia, which takes longer to get to than west coast ports). And they were out of tires, so they had to wait for some to come in. I'm not saying that is your issue - just my anecdotal data point.

My dealership struggled to get that info out of them. A date was never provided until it actually got on a trailer and left the port. Hyundai logistics sucks at this, unfortunately. Best you dealer can do is continuously call the port for updates. But that might strain their relationship with the port, which they need for their ongoing business.

Good luck.
Thanks. My port is also Philadelphia. My dealer hasn't been willing to do/say more than they don't know anything more than the date the computer says. I doubt they have even called the port. 2 Limiteds came into the dealer this week (supposedly they weren't expecting any more to come before mine but magically these 2 appeared). Today they said they are getting a truck with Palisades tomorrow so they think it might be on that truck. Guess we'll see. Thanks for your thoughts. Maybe the Philadelphia Port just sucks.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Thanks. My port is also Philadelphia. My dealer hasn't been willing to do/say more than they don't know anything more than the date the computer says. I doubt they have even called the port. 2 Limiteds came into the dealer this week (supposedly they weren't expecting any more to come before mine but magically these 2 appeared). Today they said they are getting a truck with Palisades tomorrow so they think it might be on that truck. Guess we'll see. Thanks for your thoughts. Maybe the Philadelphia Port just sucks.
Well it is Philadelphia, so yeah it sucks... ? I kid, I kid...

Your dealer should at least call the port once in a while. Even if they don’t provide updates, he can be a little more proactive. But let’s hope it’s on tomorrow’s truck.

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
The west coast ports are no better. I notice in Phoenix area there are 9 limited Palisades listed as at dealerships.
70 listed as in transit and over 30 which are in the port, no longer listed on hyundaiusa site, But still not delivered.
Dealership are up set. And this is just the limited

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The west coast ports are no better. I notice in Phoenix area there are 9 limited Palisades listed as at dealerships.
70 listed as in transit and over 30 which are in the port, no longer listed on hyundaiusa site, But still not delivered.
Dealership are up set. And this is just the limited
Busy applying all the recalls and TSBs, no doubt...

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
That is what I think also.
Maybe even some tire problems again as a few have
gotten their Palisade with Hankook tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts