Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you guys do PPF(paint Protection Film) or ceramic coating only or both? I’m looking to get paint correction and then either get PPF with ceramic coating or just get ceramic coating. If you have done both or one would you or can you recommend a preferred way?

·
Banned
673 Posts
I like self-healing vinyl. Ceramic will not stop rock chips. Cost is about the same so I wanted the one that will protect the front of the vehicle the best.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I’ve been thinking - do I just do front bumper or whole front end if I did film? It’s just pricey but i have a black car. It’s not the easiest to stay clean thus why I’m looking at PPF

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I’ve been thinking - do I just do front bumper or whole front end if I did film? It’s just pricey but i have a black car. It’s not the easiest to stay clean thus why I’m looking at PPF
Imho, it’s what you’re willing to spend to protect the car. But it doesn’t end there. Maintenance and what you use to ensure you don’t damage the surface plays a big part.

We plan to do both, PPF and ceramic coating. PPF the front facing angles with PPF compliant ceramic coating but also cutting, polishing and ceramic coating non PPF panels.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I had to front end wrapped. Full hood, bumper, headlights, mirrors and (full) front fenders. The front bumper is not an easy task since it has a lot of pieces so the installer has to make a lot of cuts. I'm happy with the front being wrapped and won't be spending hundreds more on ceramic coating.
As stated already, it all depends on how much you want to spend to protect your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts