Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the most barebones SE I can get my hands on. No factory-installed roof rails. However, I would eventually like to get a roof rack. Can the factory rails be installed after the fact? I'm not talking about the cross bars, I'm referring to the lengthwise rails that the crossbars would attach to. Searching online, I'm only seeing the cross bars, for either OEM or aftermarket. Yakima does have a universal set that "clamps" onto your roof, but looks kinda janky and doesn't seem like it would do the body panels and its paint any favors.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would speak to a Dealer or two. I have seen no way to add any options that that were not factory installed. That includes the Rails (SE) and Options packages to SEL, etc.

-Are there any mount points on your roof (any rubber/plastic nubs covering attachment point)? If there are no mount points I would suspect there is no sane way that is worth your while.

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
I would take a trip to your nearest Hyundai parts dept. and have them pull up a parts illustration and see what it might be needed for parts etc and it could possibly see if you want to tackle it or give you an installation price. I would think maybe headliner might have to come down and possible holes being drilled buts that just a guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would take a trip to your nearest Hyundai parts dept. and have them pull up a parts illustration and see what it might be needed for parts etc and it could possibly see if you want to tackle it or give you an installation price. I would think maybe headliner might have to come down and possible holes being drilled buts that just a guess.
I had the same question. Sitting at dealer now. The answer is yes. Part # 87270-S8000-XAA $405 per rail without installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts