Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Plants eat up CO2. But what about the battery manufacturing process to make them? Then there is the waste involved. It may be a better way, but only by a small margin. If any. There will most likely always be ICE vehicles. At least I won't have to drive one. Let the millennials work it out, they will find a way to screw it all up.......
Plants eat CO2, but not enough to keep it to levels acceptable for us humans. Even if humans could live then, the rise in temperature will cause untold amount of damages, have massive consequences on population migration (rise of sea level) and annihilate a lot of food supply resources.

Nobody said battery generation was clean. However, the savings in emissions during the life of the car still result in less emissions for an EV than ICE.

There can't technically always be ICE, since fossil fuels are not infinite. It's impossible. We don't have an EV solution for some of the uses of fossil fuels (like long-distance jet airplanes for example), but we do have one for cars. It behooves us to think about saving that resource for those cases where it is required, and switch to alternatives where we can.

Good luck with that, don’t know what state you are in.. but denial comes to mind. Until there are really “major” developments in storing electricity relying on wind or solar will never go main stream. Hydro generated power comes with risks as well as water in reservoirs is being repurposed for food and bottled water. So long as there is a supply of fossil fuel.. it will be used.
It's already mainstream, even if it's not yet in the majority. There are may decades ahead of us to improve the tech, both in generating electricity and storing it.

Fossil fuels will be used, but the question is what for. As I just wrote above, there are some use cases that don't have an alternative yet. Cars do though: electricity.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Now the blood 🩸 cobalt documentary is pushed by greenpiece. Turns out most of cobalt is mined in Cameroon and child labor is used with hundreds dying every year. They blame Tesla mainly and some other brands. They said every EV owner has blood on their hands. Tesla is trying to move away from cobalt containing batteries.
Covid, broken logistics and inevitable surge in battery demand over next decade is really slowing down EV adoption. Brands can’t even produce current levels of planned EVs, that is only tip of the iceberg. There is huge battery shortage and it’ll take at least a decade until it will be solved.
Basically, we can forget about fast EV adoption. Everything changed. Realistic plans are pushed way back. Projections that take into account all the recent catastrophic things happening predict delay of 15-20 years now before plans get back to what they were pre Covid. Whatever was projected for 2030 is now projected to 2045. Welcome to new reality.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can 100% assure everyone that ICE cars will be here for decades if not centuries. 80% of world can’t even afford used Nissan Leaf. Remember that there is world beyond USA. Majority of it is just entering ICE era and are looking forward to embrace cheap ICE cars.
Apart from some countries in Europe, the rest of the world has less than 2% EV adoption rates and its only going down recently due to Covid and shortages.
It’ll take decades for USA/Canada to even get to 25% EV adoption level.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Majority of it is just entering ICE era
I actually LOL'ed at that... Do you really believe that a majority of countries still relied on horse-drawn buggies until recently? You don't know much about the world, do you?

What you fail to grasp is that manufacturers will no longer develop and sell ICE. They have already announced it. There won't be any to sell. Anywhere.... Sure it'll take a few decades. But it's happening. It's already a done deal. How many times does this need to be said?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I actually LOL'ed at that... Do you really believe that a majority of countries still relied on horse-drawn buggies until recently? You don't know much about the world, do you?

What you fail to grasp is that manufacturers will no longer develop and sell ICE. They have already announced it. There won't be any to sell. Anywhere.... Sure it'll take a few decades. But it's happening. It's already a done deal. How many times does this need to be said?
Mitsubishi engines from 80’s licensed to tons of brands are only gaining momentum in developing world, which is 2/3 of population. Literally billions of people are eager to experience ICE in their future cheap cars in hundreds of countries from Latin America, Africa and Asia. Your post tells me it’s not me who doesn’t know anything about the world.

Eric I read your comments and you are probably one of the few in this forum who has brain and logic. However, in this instance you lack knowledge. I know what I’m talking about because I lived in those countries for many years. I highly suspect you are local and alas like all locals “the world beyond USA/Canada” is not exactly your forte. Let’s leave it at this.

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Everyone will have different opinions for years, but back to the original post.
Could this be the electric version of the Palisade?
Not sure if it is worth having an electric Palisade to compete with an Ioniq 7

·
Registered
4 Posts
There can't technically always be ICE, since fossil fuels are not infinite. It's impossible.
No, not quite. While fossil fuels may be finite, fuels for ICEs are not. Think biofuel - not a fossil fuel, renewable, and there are already countless ICEs running biofuel that can, "technically," run forever.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ioniq 7 and EV 9 will be replacement for Palisade and Telluride in North America and some other markets. While Palisade will continue to sell on many other markets with 2.2l Diesel engine which is a “hybrid alternative“ already for several years in dozen of countries. Heck Kia Mohave dating back to 2008 was just refreshed and is selling like hot cakes with 3.0 diesel. In USA/Canada according to leaked Hyundai/Kia roadmap Ioniq 7 is scheduled for 2024. However that was pre Covid plans, so it’s entirely possible it’ll be delayed a bit beyond 2024. Hence why Hyundai decided to make a facelift for Palisade to prolong it for another 4 years. With supply shortages we currently have it’s not feasible to produce a lot of new EV models. VW yesterday announced that it’s cutting production for ID3 and ID4 in Europe already due to shortage in supply.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Mitsubishi engines from 80’s licensed to tons of brands are only gaining momentum in developing world, which is 2/3 of population. Literally billions of people are eager to experience ICE in their future cheap cars in hundreds of countries from Latin America, Africa and Asia. Your post tells me it’s not me who doesn’t know anything about the world.

Eric I read your comments and you are probably one of the few in this forum who has brain and logic. However, in this instance you lack knowledge. I know what I’m talking about because I lived in those countries for many years. I highly suspect you are local and alas like all locals “the world beyond USA/Canada” is not exactly your forte. Let’s leave it at this.
lol. I’ve lived on multiple continents. I promise you I know far more about the world outside of North America than you do. You’re the one who gives off the clueless vibe about anything beyond your neighborhood with comments like “entering ICE era” and ”eager to experience ICE”. Nobody is at that stage anywhere in the world. Not even developing countries. ICE is everywhere and has been for a long time.

Will it take longer for EVs to be adopted in developing markets? Undoubtedly. But manufacturers aren’t going to continue developing ICEs when their profits come from countries that no longer use them.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
214 Posts
Ioniq 7 and EV 9 will be replacement for Palisade and Telluride in North America and some other markets. While Palisade will continue to sell on many other markets with 2.2l Diesel engine which is a “hybrid alternative“ already for several years in dozen of countries. Heck Kia Mohave dating back to 2008 was just refreshed and is selling like hot cakes with 3.0 diesel. In USA/Canada according to leaked Hyundai/Kia roadmap Ioniq 7 is scheduled for 2024. However that was pre Covid plans, so it’s entirely possible it’ll be delayed a bit beyond 2024. Hence why Hyundai decided to make a facelift for Palisade to prolong it for another 4 years. With supply shortages we currently have it’s not feasible to produce a lot of new EV models. VW yesterday announced that it’s cutting production for ID3 and ID4 in Europe already due to shortage in supply.
While I will consider the fully electric cars for my next purchase, I most likely want a Hybrid simply because if I take a longer trip I want the option of gas. Most of my daily drives would be fully electric and then I would have old fashioned fossil fuel for a backup.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Funny, I just read today about rolling blackouts across the country. These people cannot even keep the lights on reliably.
In addition, California says a full 25% of chargers are inoperable....Yea, good job.
Next week we will be looking for air to breath, the whackos will tell you to " hold on, we'll have some in a few years".....LOL.
Typical lefty plan, first make something, THEN figure out how to support it. Ass backwards.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Funny, I just read today about rolling blackouts across the country. These people cannot even keep the lights on reliably.
In addition, California says a full 25% of chargers are inoperable....Yea, good job.
Next week we will be looking for air to breath, the whackos will tell you to " hold on, we'll have some in a few years".....LOL.
Typical lefty plan, first make something, THEN figure out how to support it. Ass backwards.
Like I said before, with this kind of reasoning, we’d still be riding horse-drawn buggies. Once again projecting today’s issues to tomorrow. It’s getting tiresome to constantly have to point out that technology improves over time. Maybe try to exercise critical thinking skills instead of calling people whackos and lefties.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Even hybrids are unobtainable currently. Rav4 hybrid is back ordered for 12 months. Just produced F150 lightening is already not for order until late 2023. People don’t realize that we are in a dip $hit in terms of supply and logistics and it’ll take a good 5 years to just come back to where we were pre Covid. Possibly even longer if war will continue indefinitely. Forget about EVs, it’ll take a good decade to sort out hybrid supply. Then we can start from square one and think about EVs.

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
We can write about this for the next 5 years and none of you will change your mind.
When in truth none of us know what will be tomorrow let alone then.
Everyone has a different opinion and no way of proving any of it, other than your own thoughts
Maybe none of us know what we are talking about for sure.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts