Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
That iteration will never happen....and I do not want an electric car.
It has been shown that a full 25% of electric car owners have traded in their electrics for ICE. There will always be gas cars.........
Lol at made up statistics…

Pretty much all manufacturers have announced dates when they will no longer sell ICE cars. For some, it’ll be as soon as 2025. For others, not until the 2040s. Hyundai has stopped any further development of ICEs already.

It is happening…

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Nope....Hyundai announced a month after their electric announcement that they would continue to sell ICE vehicles. Believe me, there will always be ICE vehicles, there will be a mix.
I said they stopped development on ICEs. I didn’t say they stopped selling them. See for yourself: Hyundai Cancels Internal Combustion Engine Development ... Forever

ICEs are going away. It’s already a done deal. It’ll take the next 2 decades to get there and they will be on the road for another 2 decades after that. But it is happening. There won’t be any being made: most manufacturers have already published the transition date. Look it up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lol at made up statistics…

Pretty much all manufacturers have announced dates when they will no longer sell ICE cars. For some, it’ll be as soon as 2025. For others, not until the 2040s. Hyundai has stopped any further development of ICEs already.

It is happening…
I agree. It is happening. Unfortunately sooner than I thought.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Be interesting to see where all the electricity is going to come from. Already there are brownouts every summer when folk start using their air conditioners. AND.. as the tax revenue from fossil fuel dries up.. it will be added to electricity. That lower cost you currently enjoy is not sustainable long term.
True...the "useful idiots" can never seem to get things right. They only know what they WANT, not what is possible to make their plans possible in a cohesive planned way. California has a complete disaster of an electrical grid (outages year round and fires from an antiquated system) but they are hell bent looking at 30 years from now and not the road to get there.....the fact is, the world is now run by the hippie burnouts from the 60's.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
323 Posts
Be interesting to see where all the electricity is going to come from. Already there are brownouts every summer when folk start using their air conditioners. AND.. as the tax revenue from fossil fuel dries up.. it will be added to electricity. That lower cost you currently enjoy is not sustainable long term.
Canada has rolling brownouts? Yicks.

The way my state is going, we'll be 100% renewable energy in 10 more years despite all the windmill cancer. 😄

·
Registered
22 Posts
The viability of EVs are still undetermined at this point in time. The largest limiting factor to a successful EV market is the power generation and the power storage for it. For power generation, more advanced power plants are being built across the country (and the world for that matter) at a rapid pace. Older coal facilities are being phased out for newer natural gas facilities as well as green tech being developed more and more. But it is going to take time for these facilities to be built and really start supplying to the grid. For power storage (batteries) we are a LONG way off from really having the battery storage where we need it to be for an EV. Don't get me wrong, we have made incredible advances and are continuing to do so but we haven't had that "eureka" moment yet for these batteries. And until this happens, charging will take as long as it does and power output from a battery will be limited to what it is.

(Disclaimer: I'm in no way an expert but I am saying all this based on my knowledge and experience as a Mechanical Engineer in the Power/Utility industry.)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Bla bla....the earth can take care of itself. A single activated volcano emits more gasses than all cars together....don't live the lie.
What's the lie exactly? Because high-school science tells you that one of the byproducts of an internal combustion engine is CO2. That same basic science tells you that when CO2 is pumped into an atmosphere, it warms it up. You can literally do the experiment yourself and observe it. So where do you think all the CO2 from the hundred of millions of cars used for the past century is going? Does it magically disappear? If you disagree with that basic science, then nothing you say can be taken seriously. It is quite literally high-school level science. Humans are affecting climate on Earth. That is a scientific fact. Denying it means you're the one believing a lie, not me.

And what does that have to do with a volcano? Even if an activated volcano emits a lot of gasses does not justify adding to it. What kind of reasoning is that?!

I just followed 2 guys taking an EV6 on a 1000 mile trip in the middle of winter. What a PITA having to stop and charge, stop and charge, stop and charge.... Not looking forward to the day we can't buy a petrol (ICE) car. 80% took 37 min at each stop and took DOUBLE that time to charge to 100%!!! Ugh....
True...the "useful idiots" can never seem to get things right. They only know what they WANT, not what is possible to make their plans possible in a cohesive planned way. California has a complete disaster of an electrical grid (outages year round and fires from an antiquated system) but they are hell bent looking at 30 years from now and not the road to get there.....the fact is, the world is now run by the hippie burnouts from the 60's.
These 2 posts are imagining an EV-only future with today's power grid. That's comparing apple and oranges. Do you not realize that this transition will take several decades, as posted before in this thread? There'll be ICE cars on the road for at least 3 more decades, and likely more. 30 or 40 years is a lot of time for the tech to improve, both in delivering electricity and battery technology (solid-state batteries for example). Think about where we were 30 or 40 years ago and where we are now from a technology standpoint. There is plenty of time for the tech to improve.

EV is not suitable for everyone yet. I don't drive an EV yet. That doesn't mean they won't be in future. With the kind of reasoning above, we'd still be riding buggies pulled by horses...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Plants eat up CO2. But what about the battery manufacturing process to make them? Then there is the waste involved. It may be a better way, but only by a small margin. If any. There will most likely always be ICE vehicles. At least I won't have to drive one. Let the millennials work it out, they will find a way to screw it all up.......

·
Registered
264 Posts
Canada has rolling brownouts? Yicks.

The way my state is going, we'll be 100% renewable energy in 10 more years despite all the windmill cancer. 😄
Good luck with that, don’t know what state you are in.. but denial comes to mind. Until there are really “major” developments in storing electricity relying on wind or solar will never go main stream. Hydro generated power comes with risks as well as water in reservoirs is being repurposed for food and bottled water. So long as there is a supply of fossil fuel.. it will be used.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts