Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I went to use my wipers today and they were doing a poor job so after I stopped to inspect them I found both wiper blades to literally be coming apart, actually tearing into pieces! I live in Scottsdale, Az and it is hot of course but I have never seen blades come apart this way, after 2 1/2 years. I feel lucky that they didn't scratch the windshield.

Anyone have a problem like this?

I replaced them with Rainx as I have heard they're very good quality wiper blades.

Comments?

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
604 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just replaced my wiper blades the other day. I bought my Palisade pre-owned so I can't say for certain when the last time they were changed. The only reason I did it was because I started seeing tears in the rubber blade itself and with the rainy season in FL upon us I couldn't take a chance it would completely rip or come apart when I needed them most.
I bought the Bosch Icon ones from Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VBPKKFM

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
348 Posts
Wiper blades should be replaced annually. The Arizona sun and sand grit will break down rubber so maybe look at a silicone blade.
Been using the same pair for over a year now. Just have to clean the blades every once and a while with some glass cleaner and then recoat with silicon spray. They're like new after that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the responses I'll have to try the silicone spray thing, hadn't heard of that. Google/Utube had something about using WD40 but then I read another thing that said never use WD40.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
348 Posts
Thanks for all the responses I'll have to try the silicone spray thing, hadn't heard of that. Google/Utube had something about using WD40 but then I read another thing that said never use WD40.
WD40 makes a silicone spray. I wouldn't use regular WD40 as the oil will attract dust and probably will reduce the life of the blades.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In Canada, my wipers didn't last longer than 1 year, before doing this.
Every 6 months, I started swapping, using winter wipers and later switching back to the all season.
I have been doing this for 4 years now and they are keeping up with a clean windshield.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you got 2.5 years out of them, you did great! I have 4 months and about 6k miles on mine, and the wipers are already very streaky and need replacing. That's terrible given we typically go 1 to 2 years on our other cars. (Yes, I tried to clean them with alchohol--no better.)

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
260 Posts
so I went to use my wipers today and they were doing a poor job so after I stopped to inspect them I found both wiper blades to literally be coming apart, actually tearing into pieces! I live in Scottsdale, Az and it is hot of course but I have never seen blades come apart this way, after 2 1/2 years. I feel lucky that they didn't scratch the windshield.

Anyone have a problem like this?

I replaced them with Rainx as I have heard they're very good quality wiper blades.

Comments?
If you get 6-12 months you’re doing well. 2 1/2 years is a ridiculous amount of time to keep a disposable part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts