Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Poor experience at dealership, Attrell Hyundai, Brampton Ontario Canada

8K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  aministrys 
#1 ·
I purchased hood protector for my palisade from Attrell Hyundai in Brampton, Ontario via phone ordering and paid for it right away. They asked me come and pick up the part on friday 24 april 2020 before 5 PM. Their website also shows the work hours as 8 am to 5 pm.

Before going there, I again called them in the morning and confirmed the working hours and it was decided that I can come before 5 PM.
I reached before 4.30 PM driving almost 50 kms and sacrificing 2 hours of my work pay. But to my utter shock they were closed!!
This is something I saw first time in Canada, that a business closes more than 30 minutes prior to their committed time and that too when they committed to a customer already.
Further adding to my harassment, customer care phone lines did not answer my calls. They kept on putting me on hold and disconnecting after over 15-20 mins of hold. Online chat proved fruitless too.
I never experienced such attitude before in canada during any deal whatsoever. Due to this I am bound to lose more work hours when I will go there again to pick up the part. Too much money for a small part.

Is there any forum where I can complain about such dealership which hardly cares about their customers.

Thanks

See less See more
#7 ·
Just an update. After banging my head all over again for good 20 minutes at customer care, I received the calm from their manager who confirmed me that he will stay back an extra 30 minutes to provide me the parts I ordered.
Again I was on time and again no one was there. I am amazed to see such a consistent level of stupidity at any business whatsoever.
Rather than complaining about them anywhere, I believe I should sue them.
Regards

#14 ·
It is because I already paid for the parts through my credit card over the phone. They dont order without giving 100% payment in advance. Else I would have dumped this dealership after the very first day.
I had no other option.

EDIT 3--> I got the parts today when I visited them as early as 8 am, again sacrificing half day of my salary. The person in charge was assistant manager-parts and he was rude, unapologetic reckless and careless in his dealing.
If Hyundai is still not no. 1 in north America inspite of making good vehicles, such dealers are one big reason.

#17 · (Edited)
That is very unusual business practice in my area, in California. Not sure what the standards or in Ontario. Contact the dealership owner, or general manager. Insist that they ship the part to you. If that doesn’t work, post a concise complaint on yelp and/or file a complaint with the Hyundai Corporate office. Dealers HATE corporate complaints.

#21 ·
I have posted the reviews on almost every platform possible in Canada. Will continue to do so on Twitter and Facebook as well.
I particularly annoyed by unapologetic, rude and careless attitude of their parts manager called JORDAN LUTCHMAN. He was the culprit on both occasions and still arguing mindlessly with me. He is big time liar.

#24 ·
We have some real crap dealerships here in the Peoria area also, so it isn't a Canadian thing.
Service is something they know nothing about. It is just sell you a car, see if they can put a
bunch of addons on it tell you what a deal you are getting or that they have no choice about add ons
Hope you find some good dealerships and share who they are so others don't have the same problems

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.