Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Hyundai and I love my Palisade Ultimate... But, I'm looking for a way to store playlists on my USB Device. I've tried differents folder structure and different playlist formats. Nothing's working... All my Vehicule since 2007 offer this feature to organise my 3000+ songs in my car ! Worst of all, it seem impossible to play "by genre". Please help !

·
Registered
29 Posts
I haven't tried this, because I keep all of my music in folders, but you might be able to create a .m3u file using Windows Explorer or a program like Media Monkey(what I use) to create a playlist and drop the file on the root of your USB drive and select it from there. I will look into this on mine later..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately this doesn't work... I've already tried it. To be sure i've not miss something I just retried it without success.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm new to Hyundai and I love my Palisade Ultimate... But, I'm looking for a way to store playlists on my USB Device. I've tried differents folder structure and different playlist formats. Nothing's working... All my Vehicule since 2007 offer this feature to organise my 3000+ songs in my car ! Worst of all, it seem impossible to play "by genre". Please help !
I used windows media player and it works fine in my Limited. 60 Albums on a flash drive

·
Registered
43 Posts
haven't tried a USB device in the Palasade, but i have a 2014 Hyundai Sante Fe, and i have almost 8,000 songs on my USB stick and it works fine. as far as i can tell there is no way to select a Genre on my 2014, however, it does allow Bluetooth connect so that you should be able to play by Genre on your phone. good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 Palisade Limited and it is the most fabulous display and playing of music ever. I have top 20 songs each year since 1956. They are all mp3s in folders with folder name being the year. I had to order the songs in reverse order (20 to 1) by numbering each mp3 file 01-name of song through 20-name of song. In windows explorer, I named each song and artist and used the "album" designation for my ranking of the songs, i.e. for my number 5 song in 1974, my album name was "1974 #5". Then I downloaded freeware app called mp3tag which allowed me to embed cover art to each song so when it plays on my car screen, i get the name of the song, the artist, the ranking and cover art. Music in my car has never been better. I love my Palisade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anybody has an update on this ? I am also looking to play by Genre or by Playlist and I was about to try all the various playlist formats but as JFLegendre said, it doesn't work. I am considering writing a script (cmd or bash) to convert an m3u file in a folder containing symbolic links. That way the Palisade will recognize this folder as containing duplicate songs without taking extra space. I could also create symbolic links for Genre.

It's a shame to have to do that but I guess it would work

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
646 Posts
My songs are in folders based on albums there were downloaded from. I would guess that if I put selected songs in a folder (creating a play list on my computer), I could then select that folder to play?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My songs are in folders based on albums there were downloaded from. I would guess that if I put selected songs in a folder (creating a play list on my computer), I could then select that folder to play?
Definitely. The only problem I see with that is that you need to copy everytime. E.g if you want a song to appear in multiple playlist, you will have multiple copies of that file.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For what it's worth (sorry for the technical response), here is a batch script I made yesterday to create hard links from an m3u file. It works perfectly.

That way I can have folder for Genre browsing, Mood, Year, etc. I only have to export an m3u file from my music software (I use MediaMonkey) and then I run my script on that file :

@rem read filename from args
cls
@echo on
if [%1]==[] GOTO :fichier_manquant

set filepath=%1
set filename=%~n1

echo "Création du dossier %~n1"

@rem for each line
mkdir Symlinked\%filename%

@echo off
for /f "tokens=*" %%a in (%filepath%) do (
@rem echo %%~na
mklink /H "Symlinked\%filename%\%%~na" "%%a"
)

exit

:fichier_manquant
echo Veuillez fournir le fichier

·
Registered
646 Posts
For what it's worth (sorry for the technical response), here is a batch script I made yesterday to create hard links from an m3u file. It works perfectly.

That way I can have folder for Genre browsing, Mood, Year, etc. I only have to export an m3u file from my music software (I use MediaMonkey) and then I run my script on that file :

cls
@echo on

set filepath=%1
set filename=%~n1

@rem for each line

@echo off
@rem echo %%~na
)

exit

That went 100% over my head.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Definitely. The only problem I see with that is that you need to copy everytime. E.g if you want a song to appear in multiple playlist, you will have multiple copies of that file.
With a 128g USB drive, and only having about 3000 songs total, not really worried about storage space.

·
Registered
17 Posts

cls
@echo on

set filepath=%1
set filename=%~n1

@rem for each line

@echo off
@rem echo %%~na
)

exit

I was able to copy this text in a .bat file and put in a folder where music files were, now executed it, nothing happened. Could you please provide a little help how to run it or use it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was able to copy this text in a .bat file and put in a folder where music files were, now executed it, nothing happened. Could you please provide a little help how to run it or use it?
Sorry for the late response.

1. Create the script in the root of usb device. I named it create_links_from_m3u.bat
2. Put all music in 'Music' folder in the root of usb device.
3. Put your m3u files in a 'Playlists' folder
4. Open a command prompt (cmd) to the root of usb device
5. Run the following command :
I:\>create_links_from_m3u.bat "Playlists\YourM3Ufile.m3u"

Here is an update of the script to support spaces in paths in your m3u file and in your music files too.
cls
chcp 65001

@echo on
if [%1]==[] GOTO :missing_file

set filepath=%1
set filename=%~n1

echo "Folder created : %~n1"

mkdir "Symlinked\%filename%"

@echo off
for /f "usebackq tokens=*" %%a in (%filepath%) do (
@rem echo %%a
mklink /H "Symlinked\%filename%\%%~nxa" "%%a"
)

exit /B

:missing_file
echo Please specify file in argument

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry for the late response.

1. Create the script in the root of usb device. I named it create_links_from_m3u.bat
2. Put all music in 'Music' folder in the root of usb device.
3. Put your m3u files in a 'Playlists' folder
4. Open a command prompt (cmd) to the root of usb device
5. Run the following command :
I:\>create_links_from_m3u.bat "Playlists\YourM3Ufile.m3u"

Here is an update of the script to support spaces in paths in your m3u file and in your music files too.
cls
chcp 65001

@echo on
if [%1]==[] GOTO :missing_file

set filepath=%1
set filename=%~n1

echo "Folder created : %~n1"

mkdir "Symlinked\%filename%"

@echo off
for /f "usebackq tokens=*" %%a in (%filepath%) do (
@rem echo %%a
mklink /H "Symlinked\%filename%\%%~nxa" "%%a"
)

exit /B

:missing_file
echo Please specify file in argument
Thanks, I did exactly as you mentioned, here are my screen shot. It appears something is missing. As you can see there last line says "The system cannot find the file..." and above part of the scren shows Symlinked folder has MyM3ufile folder in it but empty.

Here is my USB drive root:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts