Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tech I'm not, but enjoy good book cd on long trips. No cd player in new sel. What do you suggest? Can a portable cd player be played over car speakers with simple connection? Or buy ac/dc player with own speakers. Miss the cd player in my old sorento.:unsure:

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are some Bluetooth adapters that can plug into your CD player's audio output port. I haven't tried it yet myself.

Alternatively, you can rip your CDs on a PC, and load the audiobook onto your smartphone.

Oh, you could also load the MP3 files onto a USB thumb drive if you want to save space on your smartphone.

But it just occurred to me that if you're going to buy a CD player anyway, you might be able to get one that connects via Bluetooth or USB.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So a bluetooth player would connect to dash the same as my i phone does? And a usb connection would play by plugging it into the usb connection below the dash? I thought was a power connection or would it connect to the system? Did I mention my tech skills are limited?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not completely sure what would be the best option since I don't actually pick up my car until tomorrow. But I thought I would throw out some ideas in case you want to start looking around or if someone else wants to chime in with something more definitive.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
113 Posts
This isn't really an answer to your question but my suggestion is to switch to digital. Something like Audible or similar. Then you can play it via Android Auto or CarPlay which the Palisade supports. Once you get the hang of it you won't miss CDs.

Back in 2016 when I got Hyundai Tucson it didn't have a CD player already so it's a trend. That technology is on its way out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Check with your local library. Audio books may be available for download to your phone. They can then be played back via Bluetooth or Android Auto or Carplay. We do this all the time for long trips. The book will be returned to the library after a fixed period of time for someone else to enjoy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My online search turned up cd players that have bluetooth, but don't transmit it. There are also bluetooth adapters available, but how or would the combination work with the pali car system?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My iPhone has sync'd with the car system. Can I use a free app like "Chirp" to play audio books through the palisade speakers? Has anyone used Chirp and liked it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd have to agree with JetRocket. Hanging onto, and playing, CDs is going to be more difficult as the years go by. I ripped my whole collection 20 years ago and haven't touched the discs since. My entire music collection fits on a usb drive that i plug into the port by the shifter. You could also put them on your phone and stream via bluetooth. Both are convenient, you just gotta go through the pain of switching formats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts