Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone is curious on how the combo looks:

Excuse the harsh lighting in the early morning in a rushed shot.

Pretty happy how it turned out. The small crevices of the letters on the PALISADE emblem were luckily big enough that the "peeling" process of the plastidip was very easy, no troubles at all.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks good. I have some dark grey plastidip that's been waiting for the weather to behave to apply. Probably going to be a covid quarantine project.

·
Registered
31 Posts

It does make it look better but haven’t seen but one other black one that is truly blacked out. Anyone have any pictures or seen any black limited blacked out?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just in case anyone is curious on how the combo looks:

View attachment 967

Excuse the harsh lighting in the early morning in a rushed shot.

Pretty happy how it turned out. The small crevices of the letters on the PALISADE emblem were luckily big enough that the "peeling" process of the plastidip was very easy, no troubles at all.
So what's involved in the application?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It’s a really simple process. Tape, spray(roughly 4 to 5 lights coats roughly 8 to 15 minutes apart, then let sit for an hour.) Peel off excess from paint. Done!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nice! I used that on my 4 Runner rear bumper because we would always scratch it up and I could just reapply the plastidip. How hard was it to do? Did you have to remove the letters to do it? Seems hard to do with the small letters. Was thinking of removing the letters all together and just doing the emblem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You don’t have to remove anything. It will come off paint easily and will stick to letters perfectly. I rinsed off back of car. Dried it and then used small alcohol wipes to get any oils off. Then let it sit for a few minutes to make sure everything was dry. Taped it off. Sprayed. And done. Used a toothpick to get into small area where I needed to peel back in the holes like in the A and the emblem but other than that. Was probably the easiest thing I’ve had to do on my car to date. Was going to wrap some stuff on my car but I suck at that. I could still do it but for the sake of it will probably take it to someone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Where did you purchase yours from? I see them on Amazon for around 380, but they say they do not fit the limited. It sounds like its because of the camera. Did you have to custom make a bracket for the camera? How long did it take? I'm don't have much body work experience, but do a bunch of engine work on dirt bikes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got it from EBay and it does have the camera area. I think the one on amazon doesn’t have the camera area. I was able to use the mount from the original mount and do a slight modification to it and Get it to work fairly easily

·
Registered
25 Posts
Front emblem is gone for me. 😎
Well I kind of followed your idea. I skipped the new grill, but used plati dip it instead. Did the same with the black shinny chrome on the lower back rear bummer. I'm not sure how well it will hold up in front, but it's super easy to touch up. I don't mind the brushed chrome as much, but the cheap shinny plastic chrome is not my thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I kind of followed your idea. I skipped the new grill, but used plati dip it instead. Did the same with the black shinny chrome on the lower back rear bummer. I'm not sure how well it will hold up in front, but it's super easy to touch up. I don't mind the brushed chrome as much, but the cheap shinny plastic chrome is not my thing.

I'm actually digging the offset of color from flat to shiny. Looks good. If you went with a flat black or flat color rim it would finish it all out. Either way I'm definitely liking this setup.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts