Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having taken delivery of my 2020 Palisade SEL a week ago I have noticed quite a bit of "pitting" on the windshield. I dropped off my car yesterday for the dealer to make a small cosmetic repair and I was given a new 2020 Palisade SEL as a rental. It have 32 miles on it. This morning looking into the sunlight I noticed some pitting on the windshield also. Anyone else have this problem? I believe it happened in shipping by rail. I will see if they will replace it under warranty. If not I'll contact Hyundai and make a formal complaint.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a Palisade Limited with 4000 miles on the car and have noticed no "pitting" on the windshield to date.

·
Super Moderator
492 Posts
I have had mine with a little over 3200 miles and no pitting and they ship by rail and truck and could possibly be from shipping I also avoid those sand & gravel trucks.

·
Super Moderator
1,088 Posts
look at other new palisades on lot, if you find them there you know it wasn't you.
Be sure and have them look at the loaner they gave you also. At 32 miles there should not have been pitting.
Are you sure it is pitting and not an over spray? Check with thumb nail to see if you can scrape it off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Having taken delivery of my 2020 Palisade SEL a week ago I have noticed quite a bit of "pitting" on the windshield. I dropped off my car yesterday for the dealer to make a small cosmetic repair and I was given a new 2020 Palisade SEL as a rental. It have 32 miles on it. This morning looking into the sunlight I noticed some pitting on the windshield also. Anyone else have this problem? I believe it happened in shipping by rail. I will see if they will replace it under warranty. If not I'll contact Hyundai and make a formal complaint.
I have done auto glass for 13 years and pitted windshield is from the roads and it has to be changed out with a new one. it can not be buffed out or filled with pit resin

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got 4500 miles on mine and it definitely has some pitting on the windshield. Let us know what your dealer says about it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got 4500 miles on mine and it definitely has some pitting on the windshield. Let us know what your dealer says about it.
Just make sure they put oem (original equipment manufacturer) back in it. Do not except aftermarket. Beside aftermarket is currently not available

·
Registered
59 Posts
My glass guy (replaced windshield on my Jeep) says while they may meet minimum DOT standards, they are still thinner than OEM. Just what I heard.
Rusty

·
Registered
22 Posts
My glass guy (replaced windshield on my Jeep) says while they may meet minimum DOT standards, they are still thinner than OEM. Just what I heard.
Rusty
he is absolutely correct it’s thinner and light weight but does go thru dot inspection before releasing. I would go with Pilkington or pgw brand glass. For aftermarket but Not FYg,xyg, fuyao! Vitro, these all aftermarket glass but will cause your windshield to break if a stone hit it in the right spot.
All glass will break no matter the brand

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
201 Posts
he is absolutely correct it’s thinner and light weight but does go thru dot inspection before releasing. I would go with Pilkington or pgw brand glass. For aftermarket but Not FYg,xyg, fuyao! Vitro, these all aftermarket glass but will cause your windshield to break if a stone hit it in the right spot.
I don't see an issue with aftermarket and Fuyao. What's wrong with Fuyao considering they are OEM windshield manufacturer for some Hyundai models and many other manufacturers.

On my previous car (2016 Tucson) the OEM windshield cracked and had to be replaced within the 1st year but the Fuyao replacement lasted nearly 4 years until I traded in the car.

I was at a Hyundai dealer recently and just browsing around while waiting for service. Found multiple models with Fuyao glass...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't see an issue with aftermarket and Fuyao. What's wrong with Fuyao considering they are OEM windshield manufacturer for some Hyundai models and many other manufacturers.

On my previous car (2016 Tucson) the OEM windshield cracked and had to be replaced within the 1st year but the Fuyao replacement lasted nearly 4 years until I traded in the car.

I was at a Hyundai dealer recently and just browsing around while waiting for service. Found multiple models with Fuyao glass...

View attachment 2302
5B006789-9BB5-4A16-89C0-C2BC490451D1.jpeg

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is a aftermarket windshield and after doing auto glass for many years Oem or oee glass are the best to install. I would never put a aftermarket in my new padisade. Aftermarket has many flaws in the glass, bad bend , third visor are missing 3rd visor matrix dot, or glass could look blurry witch is call distortion. Aftermarket glass is a lot cheaper sometimes due to the lane departure bracket it may not line up like it should. Ect.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
201 Posts
And here's the aftermarket Fuyao windshield for Palisade Limited. Can't be any worse than "OEM" which really may not mean much. The same companies making OEM also make aftermarket...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts