Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello (22 pali limited awd)
Noticed this morning that a pink/reddish fluid on my garage floor. Assuming that is the transmission fluid. Dealers are booked out till aug.

Wondering if anyone else has been in a similar issue? Whatd you do? Or what should i do? Any tips and tricks will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Radiator fluid is also pink/red in my Palisade... I'm assuming you don't smell a strong sickly sweet smell.
I did not touch/smell — I saw the red/pink and assumed it was the trans fluid.

if it is radiator fluid — should that leak? Not normal right?
It wasnt a big amount Id say about 4/5 quarter size drops

·
Registered
2022 Calligraphy
60 Posts
Nothing should leak however a bad radiator is a lot more common than a leaky tranny. There's been a few posts with people getting their radiators replaced.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
240 Posts
How new is it? Was it a one time drop, or is it continuing to leak? Did you have it serviced lately?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How new is it? Was it a one time drop, or is it continuing to leak? Did you have it serviced lately?
How new is what? The drops? I just noticed it this morning! It looks fresh. Had the complimentary oil change done back in May and haven't noticed anything until this morning..

Hoping its the radiator vs the trans fluid

·
Registered
13 Posts
The coolant that comes in the Palisade is pink. Had the same thing happen to me on my '22 Palisade. Took it to the dealer and there was a Crack in the radiator after only 2 months of owning it. They replaced the radiator it took two week to come in.

·
Registered
240 Posts
How new is the Vehicle was my question but a may oil change indicate you have had it for a while. Have you had more drops since the one drop the other morning?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sometimes when you have service preformed fluid might end up somewhere and drip after you drive home.

If you have one drip, I would say monitor it... maybe lay some cardboard underneath and see if you can figure out where it is coming from if it leaks continuously.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was able to get under the car. Looks like my 2022 limited was one of the unlucky ones where the radiator cracked.

all the dealerships are booking 5 weeks out…

any advice on how to get in sooner? Does contacting hyundai cust serv help?

not sure what to do in the meantime since this is my primary vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As I wrote before that happened on my '22 Palisade Limited too. When I saw the leak I went straight to the dealer when they opened in the morning with no appointment. Had to wait a little while they diagnosed with the cracked radiator. They didn't want me to keep driving the vehicle so I raised a little hell about just buying a brand new vehicle from them and already in the shop. They gave me a loaner car for the entire time my Palisade was in the shop and waiting on the radiator. Even if they don't do that for you it would be good for them to note on your file and start the ordering process for the radiator. It took about 2 weeks for the radiator to come in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Noticed this morning that a pink/reddish fluid on my garage floor. Assuming that is the transmission fluid. Dealers are booked out till aug.

Wondering if anyone else has been in a similar issue? Whatd you do? Or what should i do? Any tips and tricks will be greatly appreciated.
My 22 is leaking a little too. I took it in and they found it was a radiator issue. I was told "nothing to worry about" its been 2 weeks now waiting for the radiator to come in.

·
Registered
3 Posts

My 22 is leaking a little too. I took it in and they found it was a radiator issue. I was told "nothing to worry about" its been 2 weeks now waiting for the radiator to come in.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Sorry to hear that! No issues as of yet with mine, but it’s not AWD.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts