Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife doesn’t like the chrome so decided to do some changes. This is Phase one. Painted the chrome to color match the car and swapped out the grill. Next phase is to take out all the chrome on the sides and Powder coating the wheels black.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Next phase is to take out all the chrome on the sides and Powder coating the wheels black.
I have looked into powder coating the wheels on my Limited. The site offers matte, satin and gloss finishes. Which way are you going with yours?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
172 Posts
I like the clean look of the lift gate but filling the holes and painting is beyond me. And I really don't want to take it to a body shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have looked into powder coating the wheels on my Limited. The site offers matte, satin and gloss finishes. Which way are you going with yours?
Leaning towards gloss but open to satin. I’ll post when done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the clean look of the lift gate but filling the holes and painting is beyond me. And I really don't want to take it to a body shop.
yeah, had a body shop do the work to get it done right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very nice, probably very expensive also ! Where did you get the sharktooth antenna ? I cannot find one specifically designed for the Palisade.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice, probably very expensive also ! Where did you get the sharktooth antenna ? I cannot find one specifically designed for the Palisade.
Small cost for "Happy Wife, Happy Life!"

The Sharktooth antenna is stock.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Guys, it's shark fin, not shark tooth. That'd be one weird-looking tooth.

It's standard on the higher trim levels. Not all of them. Some Palisades get the regular whip antenna.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Guys, it's shark fin, not shark tooth. That'd be one weird-looking tooth.

It's standard on the higher trim levels. Not all of them. Some Palisades get the regular whip antenna.
hahah. I was about correct them too, but I let it go. heehee

the shark fin antenna on my Sonata faded. The Palisade one is gloss black so hopefully it holds up better than my body colored one on the Sonata.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
172 Posts
I think that's an antenna needed by either navigation or Serious radio. I have neither and have the whip. But you are supposed to remove it if you use a drive through car wash. Like the one my dealership runs it through whenever the service the car. I'm gonna have to ask if they take it off when they do that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hahah. I was about correct them too, but I let it go. heehee

the shark fin antenna on my Sonata faded. The Palisade one is gloss black so hopefully it holds up better than my body colored one on the Sonata.
Good catch guys, definitely a sharkfin antenna, but one can argue that a shark tooth antenna is sharper and therefore more aerodynamic...lol!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Powder coated the stock wheels. all that's left is the chrome on the sides, but we may keep them as is as it looks pretty good. What do you think, finish the delete or keep as is?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts