Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have suggestions for pet barriers to keep pooch in different parts of the car? Brands/models that work or don't? Ones that don't rattle? Some that cover the gap between bucket seats too?

It appears a lot of these attach to the headrest of the 2nd row which I don't love as I might have a kid that wants to recline in one seat and would not be able to do that.

·
Super Moderator
1,663 Posts
somewhere I saw ones the connect to the center of the bucket seats, but they will not stop a large dog from jumping over.
They are about the height of the bucket seats and more of a net like the cargo nets in the rear.
Maybe something like this might work for you KURGO Backseat Barrier - Chewy.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought the following combo:

The Amazon Basics Barrier comes with 2 side/corner additions but our dogs are big enough that we don't need them. That being said, it is only connected on the two headrest bars so it is a deterrent (which should work for most dogs) and NOT something that would keep a big/determined dog from breaking through. The Net Barrier is required because we have the captains chairs. That WILL stop a dog. We are very happy with it so far.

Below is a pic of what it looks like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the following combo:

The Amazon Basics Barrier comes with 2 side/corner additions but our dogs are big enough that we don't need them. That being said, it is only connected on the two headrest bars so it is a deterrent (which should work for most dogs) and NOT something that would keep a big/determined dog from breaking through. The Net Barrier is required because we have the captains chairs. That WILL stop a dog. We are very happy with it so far.

Below is a pic of what it looks like.

View attachment 3710
Do you have to remove the metal barrier if you fold down the captains chair? Our dog usually climbs in by us folding the seats down which is where I keep getting stuck.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
175 Posts
Like somebody said, I'd NEVER put that huge fence attached to the middle seats, removing the ability to move or recline them. If you need such a thing, you need to train your dog better. Ha ha. At any rate, the better way to prevent jumping to the front would be to secure the dog to one of the rear cargo hooks, preferably with a proper harness. And the dog would be safer too :). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you have to remove the metal barrier if you fold down the captains chair? Our dog usually climbs in by us folding the seats down which is where I keep getting stuck.
Yes we do. We generally keep whatever the last configuration we have until we need it otherwise. Taking the dogs on a trip? Install the metal barrier. (3 weeks later) Need to lower the captain's chairs? Remove the barrier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts