Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Ultimate Calligraphy
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our 2021 Palisade for a week. I haven't called the dealer yet about this but wonder if anyone has experienced the same thing.... My husband has back problems and when he uses a cushion between himself and the passenger seat, the passenger airbag is not activated. Nor does it recognize that a person is there in that it doesn't beep to fasten the seat belt. Very strange! When he removes the cushion, the air bag is activated and the beeping starts, for him to fasten his seatbelt.
Anyone experience this?
Many thanks!
Linda near Toronto Canada

·
Registered
56 Posts
We have had our 2021 Palisade for a week. I haven't called the dealer yet about this but wonder if anyone has experienced the same thing.... My husband has back problems and when he uses a cushion between himself and the passenger seat, the passenger airbag is not activated. Nor does it recognize that a person is there in that it doesn't beep to fasten the seat belt. Very strange! When he removes the cushion, the air bag is activated and the beeping starts, for him to fasten his seatbelt.
Anyone experience this?
Many thanks!
Linda near Toronto Canada
I'm not a current Palisade owner (still shopping), but from my experience with other cars, if the side of the passenger seat is pressed down with something, airbag is deactivated. On out of town trips, my wife sometimes takes a nap by leaning on to the passenger side window, which causes pressing of the seat, and the passenger airbag is deactivated. As soon as she stays in position (not leaning to the right), the airbag activates. You might want to do an experiment on your Palisade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts