Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed the parking brake engaging automatically at times when I shift to park. The odd thing is that this does not happen consistently, sometimes it happens on an incline and sometimes it does not and vice versa. I know the manual states that the parking brake may be auto engaged at times, but I have just not found a common denominator that would explain why it has engaged automatically under different circumstances, but more often than not it does not do so.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine is not consistent at all. Sometimes I'm on an incline and it don't engage. It's cool though because I love the fact that it auto disengage when I touch the gas. Helps prevent you from riding on the parking brake. I use to accidentally do it on my explorer. Funny though it won't disengage if you're not in a seat belt lol. Speaking of which I love the fact the seat belt bell shuts up after 1 min.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I second Sterling in that I too will have to try without the seatbelt, but I also don't recall it disengaging when hitting the gas, that would be convenient.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went and tried it in my driveway and it worked exactly how Dajuice05 described, including not disengaging with my seatbelt off. Thanks!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yep, testing as proved to me that the parking brake will not disengage without the seat belt being put on and you will get a display informing you of this.

Secondly you can engage either the drive or reverse and the parking brake will disengage to allow you to move the car.

I also discovered that once the engine is running, placed in park without the parking brake engaged you can drive the vehicle for a short distance without the seat belt connected and hear no warning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts