Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed the parking brake engaging automatically at times when I shift to park. The odd thing is that this does not happen consistently, sometimes it happens on an incline and sometimes it does not and vice versa. I know the manual states that the parking brake may be auto engaged at times, but I have just not found a common denominator that would explain why it has engaged automatically under different circumstances, but more often than not it does not do so.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine has engaged when it senses a decline or incline and does not engage when the area is level. So far it has done this consistently.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine is not consistent at all. Sometimes I'm on an incline and it don't engage. It's cool though because I love the fact that it auto disengage when I touch the gas. Helps prevent you from riding on the parking brake. I use to accidentally do it on my explorer. Funny though it won't disengage if you're not in a seat belt lol. Speaking of which I love the fact the seat belt bell shuts up after 1 min.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I second Sterling in that I too will have to try without the seatbelt, but I also don't recall it disengaging when hitting the gas, that would be convenient.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went and tried it in my driveway and it worked exactly how Dajuice05 described, including not disengaging with my seatbelt off. Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yep, testing as proved to me that the parking brake will not disengage without the seat belt being put on and you will get a display informing you of this.

Secondly you can engage either the drive or reverse and the parking brake will disengage to allow you to move the car.

I also discovered that once the engine is running, placed in park without the parking brake engaged you can drive the vehicle for a short distance without the seat belt connected and hear no warning.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
165 Posts
Going to bump this old thread, sorry 🙂
I just had the parking brake engage automatically in my driveway where there's a small incline. Cool feature but it would be great if there was a mention of that somewhere in Hyundai guide or manual.

The manual only says parking brake can Auto engage if using auto hold (I am not using that) or if requested by other systems. That is kind of vague. What other systems, what are the conditions?

Also before buying the Palisade I looked at all features, review videos, etc., and nothing mentioned this feature

·
Registered
71 Posts
The auto parking brake on the Pali is kinda annoying and only activate if auto-hold was on, it also won't disengage if the driver seat was off. On other cars, the parking brake will engage when shifting to park and disengage when shifting out of park. They should release a software update to let the driver select when the parking brake will engage.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I never use Auto Hold and my parking brake will auto engage if I park on a slight decline or incline. It will disengage automatically if you shift into Reverse or Drive with a tap on the throttle, but only if you have your seatbelt on. If you don't have your seatbelt on then you have to manually disengage it using the switch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, I manually disengage that when I don't have my seatbelt on. (Most often that is driving into the garage from the incline of the driveway while washing the car) I saw the message about seatbelt and then noticed I could just manually disengage it for the long 5 second 1 mph drive into the garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts