Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying a 2022 palisade. They said they could instal a hitch but the Hyundai one is obvious. The uhaul one is much lower profile. They said it I get after market and they do the wiring if there are problems it could bios the warranty. Thinking of just going with the dealer one due to warranty warning. Thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most wiring harness are now plug and play, so going with an after market should not be a problem.
I had the dealership do the hitch and wiring, I did not want any headaches if problems arise. I also put an LED light as a third brake light.
Car Automotive exterior Automotive design Rim Personal luxury car
Car Automotive exterior Automotive design Rim Personal luxury car
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Bumper Asphalt

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Buying a 2022 palisade. They said they could instal a hitch but the Hyundai one is obvious. The uhaul one is much lower profile. They said it I get after market and they do the wiring if there are problems it could bios the warranty. Thinking of just going with the dealer one due to warranty warning. Thoughts?
Here is a link to STEALTH HITCH. 2020-2022 Hyundai Palisade, when not using the hitch, you have normal ground clearance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ETrailer .com was amazing with their customer service, detailing with pictures answers to all my questions. Bought the hitch, wiring package and other accessories they said I needed. I think it all cost me about $235. Then took it to a U-Haul dealer that specializes in tow hitches, and got the install done for about $135.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looking at etrailer.com, i see the Curt, DrawTite, and etrailer brands. They all appear to be the exact same--even the pictures they show. But the prices are different. Also the Horizon Global brand from U-Haul seems to be the same. Anyone know if there is any difference with these?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Curt hitch is well-hidden, simple plug & play wiring.

Not much to worry about in terms of "warranty"... basically a big steel bar with a few bolts and an OEM-compatible plug.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Palisade Limited
4 Posts
Looking at etrailer.com, i see the Curt, DrawTite, and etrailer brands. They all appear to be the exact same--even the pictures they show. But the prices are different. Also the Horizon Global brand from U-Haul seems to be the same. Anyone know if there is any difference with these?
I chose etrailer brand, since it's basically identical to Curt, the difference is that Curt is a gloss paint and the etrailer one is mate black.
There is also a video on their website comparing these two.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I chose the etrailer brand since it was matte. It doesn't really stick out from the bumper. I installed it myself and if you know what you're doing (or can follow YouTube directions), you can do it all in an hour and won't even need to jack up your car if you're smaller.

Also, WD-40 goes a long way toward removing the muffler rubber hangers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts