Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
It actually might be a question for SiriusXMbut they installed under the dash, and a USB comes through the center console to.plug in that port. On the screen, it's labeled/highlighted as "iPod", which I thought it would be USB, but... I don't have a picture of the screen (yet) I'm still researching.

·
Registered
5 Posts
*didnt know
No. I couldn’t figure out a way to store presets with my kit. I just returned it and admitted defeat. I’m just becoMing accustomed to regular radio. It’s so saaaaaaad😖 on the bright side, I really love my palisade and I suppose it’s worth it. Also, I’m using Apple CarPlay more and enjoying that. None of it is as good as Sirius but what are you gonna do?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Install the Sirius/XM app on your phone, then connect your phone to the car (Apple CarPlay or Android Auto)? That should at least let you control the volume through steering wheel controls. Don't know about changing channels, but at least you'd be able to use the main screen to do that instead of the phone, since the Sirius/XM app is compatible with CarPlay & Android Auto.

You might even be able to use voice control to change channels (I mean Siri/Google, not the car's built-in voice recognition), but I don't know for sure, as I am not a subscriber to Sirius/XM. I do know you can get to Siri (and I presume Google) by holding down the voice button on the steering wheel (if you only press it briefly, you get the car's voice prompts), so if their app supports that, that could work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No. I couldn’t figure out a way to store presets with my kit. I just returned it and admitted defeat. I’m just becoMing accustomed to regular radio. It’s so saaaaaaad😖 on the bright side, I really love my palisade and I suppose it’s worth it. Also, I’m using Apple CarPlay more and enjoying that. None of it is as good as Sirius but what are you gonna do?
I installed a XM remote unit that has it’s own antenna and has to Play through a FM station. Sound quality not so good, also have XM through Carplay which is better. The remote unit has preset capability.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree. It's super sad!! I don't have unlimited data, so I don't think CarPlay would work for me, right?? I was so spoiled with my limited Tucson. Lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I agree. It's super sad!! I don't have unlimited data, so I don't think CarPlay would work for me, right?? I was so spoiled with my limited Tucson. Lol.
Without an unlimited data plan would be expensive to play. Hyundai should make XM standard in 2021 like AM and FM. Love the truck.

·
Registered
474 Posts
For those of you without unlimited data, what do you listen to? Services like Spotify allow you to download items for offline listening. They also offer podcasts now. It might be worth considering subscribing to that instead of XM, and you wouldn't use cellular data. Just a thought.

·
Registered
105 Posts
So I have xm radio (SEL trim with drivers guidance package)but I dont use it much and do not plan to renew once the trial is over. I usually just connect my spotify via bluetooth (dont use AA or carplay much). I have unlimited data but I usually download the songs onto spotify and listen to it offline.

My suggestion for most people is if u dont have Sirius, subscribe to the spotify family plan for $14.99/month. You get up to 6 accounts and can either stream songs or download them for offline listening. Split the 6 accounts and costs with family or friends. I kept 2 accounts and split the remaining 4 accounts with 2 other families. So my monthly cost is only $5 for 2 spotify accounts! This to me is way better than Sirius cause I can skip and listen to the songs I want.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yah, but you can download music without Spotify.
Problem solved then.

But seriously, there are services that will offer the radio-like experience of not knowing what song is coming next, while still allowing offline listening. It's a good compromise between having to download everything ahead of time and using a massive amount of bandwidth for streaming XM, or any other service, over cellular.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was shocked to learn when only picking up the vehicle going through the truck with the salesman that XM was not available, thankfully I have it as an App on my phone, but Not Cool. XM should be Standard. I was going to xfer from my other truck but now I’ll just cancel my subscription. You need to buy the Navigation package which is BS. Hyundai should figure out a way to download XM media for those not wanting their navigation. Say you don’t have a phone? All vehicles should have it and let the consumer decide to pay for a monthly subscription or not. The truck does have a satellite antenna- Otherwise so far I Love the truck. First year out.
I was a bit annoyed as well. But I got the Xm app and now use Waze and the Amazon Music app as well through Apple Car play. So things are good and no extra money spent.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts