Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new Palisade. When i test drove another palisade before buying this unit, i did not hear much road noise through driver window.

But in this Palisade when i dive >40 MPH it feels like air trying to gush in type of road noise. Is this normal?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes I am experiencing a measure of this as well, although it depends to a degree on the weather conditions outside. If it is windy outside the noise seems to pulse a bit. My thinking and that of another that I have read here in the discussion group is that it might possibly be the outside mirror. If you look around the mirror base there is a gap that would trap and displace air flow around the car creating noise. Just a thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The wind noise is noticeable larger than the MDX than I traded in. I have tried to tape around the window and put additional seal around the door. Both did not provide an improvement. What Sterling said about the side mirrors might be worth to try next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wind noise is annoying for me at 50 + MPH and i checked with driver mirror but i could not find any gap. Its more coming from top portion on window. May be need to take it to the dealer service shop

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Limited and have no significant wind noise at even higher highway speeds. You do get tire noise, its not a Lexus but overall I would consider the vehicle very quite and better than my 2008 Acadia or 2014 Highlander.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am beginning to understand that different people evaluate the wind noise differently. For me compared to my 04 Honda Odyssey and 15 Toyota Tundra it is quieter. Compared to my 06 Lexus LS430 it is slightly louder. I just tune it out and consider it a part of the experience of delight at driving this exceptional vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update.....on a cross wind I get extreme humming noise at 80 km and over... to the point where something needs to be fixed or adjusted definitely not normal. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am beginning to understand that different people evaluate the wind noise differently. For me compared to my 04 Honda Odyssey and 15 Toyota Tundra it is quieter. Compared to my 06 Lexus LS430 it is slightly louder. I just tune it out and consider it a part of the experience of delight at driving this exceptional vehicle.
"I just tune it out and consider it a part of the experience of delight at driving this exceptional vehicle"

:) now that is what I call the "right attitude"

·
Super Moderator
202 Posts
You can buy a $80,000.00 2020 Cadillac CT6, They don't have as much road noise, but you can still hear some. It takes almost that price to get what is on the Palisade limited.
Although the CT6 does have a couple of things the Palisade doesn't

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a new Palisade. When i test drove another palisade before buying this unit, i did not hear much road noise through driver window.

But in this Palisade when i dive >40 MPH it feels like air trying to gush in type of road noise. Is this normal?
Try using a noise decibel meter. Be sure to point the meter in different directions in the vehicle. Normal conversation is 40.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also notice the wind noise on the Limited. Sounds like it’s coming from the driver’s side rear view mirror. Oddly enough the noise is not heard on the passenger side. So there might be something slightly “off spec” in the mirror or door panel. Possibly a gap slightly out of tolerance that is causing it. Right now the best solution is the amazing sound system.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts