Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anyone else noticed the seat belt stoppers being a little odd? The drivers side has the traditional plastic stopper, which is low profile. The other belts have a large loop, that when fastened, sits right at the occupants waist and can catch on things as they move their arms. I never noticed since I'm in the driver's seat, but it was noticed by several passengers. Is this the same on other's cars? I suppose I can buy the plastic stoppers and cut off the loop, but I don't understand why it's different between seats. Maybe it's because the belt can be tucked into the side holders and this is used as a pull tab. Could be the case, but an odd design on what's otherwise been a extremely well designed vehicle. I've attached pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My guess is that it prevents the buckle from slapping the pillar when not in use. This isn't necessary on the driver side because if you're driving then it's buckled anyways.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good idea! That's does seem like the likely reason. It's position right in the spot to be most effective to keep it from rattling. Too bad that's also right in the middle of the lap when buckled. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts