Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the lookout for a Palisade for the last little while and have been waiting until better financing/offers come out. I'm in Canada, and the couple dealerships I've been to have insisted that they aren't going to come because the Palisade was selling so well. That piqued my curiosity, and I started looking for sales numbers and found this handy website goodcarbadcar.net (I would post the link, but the forum won't allow me) where you can filter by mid-size SUVs in both Canada and the US and see their sales numbers compared to the competition.

I found the numbers very interesting. In Canada, the Palisade had a strong summer, but sales have been on the decline ever since. This hasn't happened in the US where sales have been pretty consistent month over month. Also interesting to me was how much the Palisade has dominated the Telluride in sales here in Canada which is not the case in the US.

Anyways, I thought it was interesting to see the actual numbers and see how it stacks up to the competition.

Darren

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should have just posted the numbers since the link wouldn't work.
Here are Canada's:

Model
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec
Total
Hyundai Palisade-----1808267256386084933753,845

And the US:
Model
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec
Total
Hyundai Palisade-----3834,4645,1153,4954,3575,2685,65428,736

·
Banned
25 Posts
Palisade sales are constrained by production capacity, so although the numbers are interesting, it is hard to tell what real demand is.

As far as sales in Canada dropping off in December, is that unusual for Canada, or is it normal for new car sales? But again, we don't know how many were shipped to Canada in November or December.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts