Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Palisade price

30K views 52 replies 22 participants last post by  Eric2203 
#1 ·
Hey folks, am interested in whether you guys find that your're having to pay full MSRP or if the dealers are willing to negotiate. Typically, in my experience over many years, a brand new, in demand vehicle, has little to no room for haggling.

What has been your experience?

#5 ·
I don’t think they are budging much due to supply and demand. It takes some work but I called and dealt with every Hyaundai dealership in my area for weeks to give me leverage, like “well this place is offering me this..” I think it did help bc some were marking up and not budging (ie. 50k for Limited FWD) and I got LIMITED FWD for 47.5k. That may still be overpaying, but it was the best price I could get in my area after a lot of haggling with different dealerships. I’d also suggest waiting til last day of a quarter (next one is September 30th), or last day of the month, because they will be trying to make their quotas and more likely to give you a deal if you’re willing to walk. The challenge is if you are looking for very specific specs and interior/exterior colors and there are only so many released to dealerships right now, so it’s like finding a needle in a haystack already. If I could have waited a year or two, maybe that would have been better, but we needed a new car now. They will also give you 500-1000 off of you are military and 500 off if you own a vehicle from one of their competitors like Toyota, so make sure to ask for that.

#50 ·
Repeat customer doesn't do anything. Dealerships are not your friends. They are all about separating as much money from you as they can. They want to move the metal, as many as they can. Be wary. Also I have something about paying sticker let well enough over sticker to the tune of $5000. That is just theft without a gun. Pure profit for the dealer. Not even beneficial to the salesman who got you to pay over sticker. Just my rant on gouging.

#7 ·
What is the rush? Unless you have to purchase a vehicle now ie: end of a lease, etc. Right now this is a seller's market for any new model vehicle. A pox on any dealership that gouges perspective clients. That is a dealership to avoid. IMHO. Let the dust settle. I like this vehicle but don't need to have the first one in the neighborhood. I will contiue to drive my Manhattan brown Genesis for now.

#8 ·
I purchased my Palisade on Friday and got a $2000 off plus a $500 conquest cash, but that is just one off case where the dealer admitted to a price mistake and the 2k off was not supposed to be on Palisade. Since I inquired about it with the offer, they honored it and later removed this offer from their website. Also, I had to drive 3 hours to get this deal.
I agree with most of the members that the price wont be any less than MSRP for atleast a few months. That said, set alerts on AutoTrader app and keep checking every day (I do see some of the dealers selling it less than MSRP, rare but possible). Hope this helps.

#10 ·
I got a Limited FWD for 47,500 out the door (tax and title etc included) and it also had a lot of add ons like extra floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net, mud guards, and remote start on the key fob. I think MSRP was around 46k without all those add ons, so I figure I basically got it for maybe $500 or so less than MSRP. All the other dealerships in my area marked up the price above MSRP and weren’t willing to budge or did not have in stock what we wanted and couldn’t tell us when it would be coming in. We were without a vehicle and knew that’s what we wanted, so we went did the best deal we could get.

#16 ·
How long did they tell you it would take?

Ours is on order as well, but it's not a special order - it just happened to be a color combination that our dealer already had on order, and that they hadn't yet pre-sold. I guess lucky for us... It's been a week since we ordered and it's going to take another 2 before it gets to the dealer and gets prepped. But as I said, it was already on its way to them. Had we had to special-order, they told us it would take 3 months. Curious as to what they told you.

#20 ·
I am in the process of shopping for a Palisade and because it is a new vehicle and demand is greater at the moment than supply I have noticed that there is a lot of GREED going on with some of these dealerships.
I have been perusing the internet and have found markups of $7000 over MSRP (Market Adjustment as they like to call it) while other dealers are maintaining prices close to MSRP. I have contacted many dealerships looking for a Limited in Burgundy / Beige . Found just what I was looking for at a dealership outside of Atlanta....talked to them on the phone referencing the MSRP and selling price and they sent me a quote. $4500 more than sticker.
Part of that up-charge was a $700 Doc fee. Sorry but no thanks...I can wait. I walked. My search continues.

#21 ·
This is a great site provided by Hyundai to check dealer stock nationwide:

In the upper left corner you select the range and zip code.

I am in Alabama and used this site to track down the Palisade Limited AWD Midnight Cloud (Blue) with the Light tan interior I bought in Columbus, Ohio at MSRP less the rebates that I qualified for. It was worth the plane fare and 605 mile drive back to my home to get the vehicle I wanted at a fair price.

#25 ·
This is a great site provided by Hyundai to check dealer stock nationwide:

In the upper left corner you select the range and zip code.

I am in Alabama and used this site to track down the Palisade Limited AWD Midnight Cloud (Blue) with the Light tan interior I bought in Columbus, Ohio at MSRP less the rebates that I qualified for. It was worth the plane fare and 605 mile drive back to my home to get the vehicle I wanted at a fair price.
Thanks for that link!!!

#29 ·
this frenzy to have this vehicle plays well for dealers who can charge what they want. The car has been out for 2 months? Everyone is frothing to have it NOW!! Why is that? If you have to end a lease now on some vehicle then try to get your best deal. Otherwise, let the dust settle. It will be around for a few years. Following this forum with the people that pulled the plug and bought it are little by little reporting things that in the long run may not be something you want to live with like road noise from driver's window. Wait till the manufacturer corrects it not putting "tape" like someone mentioned. Just my thoughts.

#31 ·
Following this forum with the people that pulled the plug and bought it are little by little reporting things that in the long run may not be something you want to live with like road noise from driver's window.
Totally agree with this. However, different people are in different situations. Old car is on the fritz, and oh by the way, the wife really really wants it.

#37 ·
I have a question that has not been really answered. Why are people "frothing" to buy this particular SUV when this type of vehicle has been available from different manufacturers for a few years now? Makes you wonder what they see that others don't. Of course the answer is personal and unique to every buyer.

Secondly do a few dealers see the "frothing masses" and seek an opportunity to act in their own interest, of course they do. Are the same dealers acting in their long term best interest, I think not because they are perceived as unscrupulous and deceitful by the same consumers they hope to attract. Wise auto dealers play the long game which ties a consumer to future service obligations and possible future vehicle purchases. Short term gain is long term loss.

#38 ·
We simply showed up to a dealer. We had looked into the Telluride, but couldn't get in one. Then after the Ascent (that my wife hated & we loved the Outback) we simply landed at the sibling dealer (Palisade) and liked what they had on the lot. We needed a newer car with kiddos and this met all the standards we were looking for at the time. Literally a spur of the moment decision. No previous investigating occurred. Just wanted to share our experience.

#39 ·
I was looking for a suv/cuv with certain features. I looked at Toyota highlander, Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, VW atlas, Mazda cx9 and everyone was missing things I wanted. The Palisade hit on almost everything. The only one that had everything was the new 2020 Ford Explorer and that was $12,000.00 more than the palisade, also the interior just didn't look any way near as nice. It was just a last generation interior from my view.
Most of the ones I looked at had less features for a lot more money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.