Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All Earlier this week I sold my 2012 Veracruz Ltd and bought a 2020 Palisade Luxury for delivery tomorrow. I couldn’t drive the car before committing to purchase, as the battery was run down, car has 56kms on it. I have driven several others so that was not a problem, however I did want to look at it. Looks great opened the door and electrical items were functioning, strange but proceeded with the purchase. Today I receive a call from the sales person saying that delivery has been delayed till Next Tuesday apparently something happened and there are electrical problems. Quite strange for a new car, I wondering if I should take delivery on Tuesday. Salesperson was told that because the car was sitting on the lot The battery drained. While I was there the vehicle was driven from a lot a few blocks away. Seems odd. I am going to the dealer tomorrow to pick up loaner. I hope I have not committed to a lemon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here in Phoenix,AZ I'm offered a 3 day drive and return policy.
You say 56kms, so are you in Canada, Or just haven't changed to MPH

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here in Phoenix,AZ I'm offered a 3 day drive and return policy.
You say 56kms, so are you in Canada, Or just haven't changed to MPH
Yes I am in Ottawa Canada. Meeting with the dealer this am to pick up a loaner car. I will discuss with the GM and sales dept. for a remedy. I haven't takem possession of the car it was to be today at 10:am.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Remember also the palisade had sat on a container ship for how Long, 2, 3, maybe 4 weeks. When it got to the dealership it may not have been driven enough to put a good charge back in to the battery. If any car sets for close to a month without a trickle charger on it , the battery will run down. Don't think that is enough to not buy a car.
Not sure what all is on your palisade but I do know when a battery runs down in these new cars a lot of equipment need to be reset. I needed to reset the navigation unit, and the sun roof on my Genesis G90 when the battery ran down.
Being a new car the tech's may have to read up on how to reset things in the palisade. everything is done in these cars by looking at a computer for codes. If a reset is needed it will not show a code, then everything will look good even if they are not ok.
Remember you still get a great warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gene. I visited the dealership and that is what I was told. I hope it is ready for Tuesday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts