Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a solid video on installing paint protection film (PPF) on the Palisade. Has anyone done this with their Palisade? If so did you do it yourself or did you get someone else to do it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had partial hood, and full front bumper professionally installed on mine. I decided against mirrors, fenders and door cups - based on my experience with previous cars.

This my 4th car, in addition to two trucks that I have purchased the film.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm pricing out PPF in my area. So far just got one quote for a standard package which includes partial hood, front fenders, front bumper and mirrors. That cost is $1,000 for Xpel Ultra (10 yr warranty). For the headlights and a full hood treatment it would cost an additional $400.00. This shop isn't the cheapest around, but they do good work. I'll get a couple more quotes before making a decision.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ok, I'm going to go with Suntek Ultra. I'll be wrapping the full hood and the front fenders. The front bumper, the mirror and the headlights will get wrapped too. I will try to post pics when it's done, but since it should be invisible I'm not sure posting pictures will be necessary. My 2011 Sonata with 85k miles has a lot of chips in the hood and bumper. My 2006 Odyssey also has a lot of chips in the hood. I figured if I plan on keeping the Palisade for a number of years then I might as well pay to have it protected since a nice looking paint job always makes me feel better about the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, I'm going to go with Suntek Ultra. I'll be wrapping the full hood and the front fenders. The front bumper, the mirror and the headlights will get wrapped too. I will try to post pics when it's done, but since it should be invisible I'm not sure posting pictures will be necessary. My 2011 Sonata with 85k miles has a lot of chips in the hood and bumper. My 2006 Odyssey also has a lot of chips in the hood. I figured if I plan on keeping the Palisade for a number of years then I might as well pay to have it protected since a nice looking paint job always makes me feel better about the car.
Hi. Curious to know how is your PPF holding up? also why Suntek?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I went with Suntek because the two installers near me that I trusted with the job both use Suntek. Reviews are decent enough for me.

it’s perfectly fine. Since the installer wrapped it around the edges of the hood and fenders,I did have to go back to him to trim off the back edge underneath of the hood. The film wasn’t sitting flat (peeled up) So he quickly trimmed it.

I had the same film installed on the rocker panels of another car that had old 3M film before.

the Suntek has no orange peel and looks optically shiny and clear.

I think all the major PPF films are fine and I would have gone with Xpel or Suntek or 3M

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went with Suntek because the two installers near me that I trusted with the job both use Suntek. Reviews are decent enough for me.

it’s perfectly fine. Since the installer wrapped it around the edges of the hood and fenders,I did have to go back to him to trim off the back edge underneath of the hood. The film wasn’t sitting flat (peeled up) So he quickly trimmed it.

I had the same film installed on the rocker panels of another car that had old 3M film before.

the Suntek has no orange peel and looks optically shiny and clear.

I think all the major PPF films are fine and I would have gone with Xpel or Suntek or 3M
I was told this as well, I am planning on getting Suntek tint installed on the windows.
For the PPF, one installer swears by it and said it looks like glass.
His ranking is suntek, xpel, 3m

Now trying to get an idea on pricing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got the full hood, partial fenders, front bumper and lights as well as the mirrors with Protex (Canadian Company) and it looks great! Plenty of shine, and the whole car will be treated with Opti-Coat ceramic coating next week. I think that it looks great! You can see a line on the fender where it's a little darker, but practically invisible everywhere else. I'm glad I went with the whole hood, rather than having a line part way up.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Any reason why you chose to go past the body seam? Surprised the shop didn’t move the line 6 inches forward.

·
Registered
566 Posts
this is why I did the full front fenders. having had a pre-cut kit on a previous car and seeing how the seams collect wax and dirt, I had the full hood and full front fenders done on my Palisade.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Any reason why you chose to go past the body seam? Surprised the shop didn’t move the line 6 inches forward.

View attachment 2078
I suggested stopping at the seam, but the guy said that that extra few inches is where there is frequent damage. In hind sight, I probably should have told him that there is where I wanted it stopped, instead of merely suggesting it. I may go and have them remove it before it goes in for the ceramic coat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The F-Performance film is a strong and of good quality. It is actually interesting to note that the Dutch are able to make a good paint protection film whose qualities are no worse than the paint protection films made in America. It just saved me money, and I’m really pleased by its qualities. Good hydrophobicity, resistance to impacts and scratches, and minimal orange peel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I suggested stopping at the seam, but the guy said that that extra few inches is where there is frequent damage. In hind sight, I probably should have told him that there is where I wanted it stopped, instead of merely suggesting it. I may go and have them remove it before it goes in for the ceramic coat.
If you don’t mind me asking where did you get it done and how much ? Assuming you are in Ontario

1 - 16 of 16 Posts