Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has had any issues with the Limited interior/upholstery? Certainly very plush and luxurious, however I'm concerned what it will look/feel like after a year's time or more, especially the lighter Beige Nappa leather. Kids, spills, etc. I also heard the blue dye from denim jeans can rub off / stain the leather.

Appreciate any feedback ....

·
Registered
9 Posts
We went with the beige interior on our Limited. We can my have 1 child and he is a rather neat 13 year old, so no mess there. Also, I can tell you that not all jeans leach denim dye onto leather. In my experience only dark and no offense intended, but some cheap jeans leach dye. Cheaply dyed wool will do this as well. To keep the leather looking clean and nice, I use leather care products by Griots Garage. I use them on the beige leather in my Mercedes Benz as well and they work great!

Reactions: DeDeDe

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yikes! I’ve only had my Palisade 3 weeks, and I am having a VERY NOTICEABLE problem with the black dye from my jeans/leggings tranferring to my white leather drivers seat. I am getting very concerned. I will try the Lexol or Griots Garage products as suggested above.

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
Yikes! I’ve only had my Palisade 3 weeks, and I am having a VERY NOTICEABLE problem with the black dye from my jeans/leggings tranferring to my white leather drivers seat. I am getting very concerned. I will try the Lexol or Griots Garage products as suggested above.
Is yours a limited or sel?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh no! I was just thinking of signing up for the grey interior! I've had beige interior on my crv for 4 years and never had this issue! We have a 2 year old...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Anna, were you able to easily clean your seat?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Curious if anyone has had any issues with the Limited interior/upholstery? Certainly very plush and luxurious, however I'm concerned what it will look/feel like after a year's time or more, especially the lighter Beige Nappa leather. Kids, spills, etc. I also heard the blue dye from denim jeans can rub off / stain the leather.

Appreciate any feedback ....
I have a moonlight cloud Palisade Limited AWD with beige napa leather seats. I don't wear "cheap" jeans, but I still started getting a slight blue hue to a portion of my driver's seat.

I searched the internet, and found that Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner was very highly rated. I bought some, gave a couple of sprays to a microfiber cloth, and the blue stains easily wiped off of my leather seat - I didn't have to scrub at all, just wipe.

It's a great comfort knowing that this stuff works so well and so easily for when (not if) any staining occurs in the future. I'm not one to endorse products, but this works so well that I thought people should know about it. Here's a link to where I bought it on Amazon. I think it's also available at Walmart.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TJ3HUG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
175 Posts
amgp - can you tell me exactly which leather cleaner you bought? I went on line to their website and there are quite a few leather products. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
amgp - can you tell me exactly which leather cleaner you bought? I went on line to their website and there are quite a few leather products. Thanks
Yes. Please click on the link I put in my post. It will take you directly to what I bought.

The kit includes a bottle of spray cleaner and a bottle of conditioner. I have not used the conditioner yet, but I felt that the cleaner worked so well that I had to share. The cleaner can also be purchased separately.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts