Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my 2020 Palisade HTRAC Limited started doing the dreaded vibration at 65-75 mph. This problem has been discussed extensively on this forum and the Kia Telluride Forum. Well, I took my car into the dealer today (Teton Hyundai in Pocatello Idaho) and they checked the balance of my tires (which were fine), immediately pulled up the TSB and ordered the parts and agreed to change the rear propeller shaft and awd coupling assembly no questions asked. They didn't even test drive the car, they just took my word for it. They are truly a superb dealership. They will call me with an estimate of timing for parts availability and they let me take a picture of the actual TSB bulletin so that I can post it on the forums. Show this to your dealerships, the TSB just came out. Good luck!

·
Registered
952 Posts
I've been monitoring NHTSA's website for this TSB and it hasn't shown up yet. So thanks for posting this!

The interesting bit here is that the range of affected vehicles were built on July 27. That's good info.

By the way, I don't doubt that your dealership is great, but the reason they didn't bother test-driving your car is likely that they know they'll get paid for the repair by Hyundai no questions asked since there's a TSB out. It's in their own interest to do the repair (not saying you don't need it, of course).

·
Registered
7 Posts
My vehicle was build in October 2019 took it twice to the dealer and both times they test drove the vehicle and balance tires. Going back again as this is annoying me. I love the Palisade and hope they can resolve this issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In my opinion, you got very lucky. I took this TSB in-was told my car was not an issue as mfg date is 12/19 yet I see others with cars with Dec. dates having vibration. My service dept. mechanic said he did not have to follow any TSB's since they are just TSB's. And also pointed out my mfg. date--asked him to please evaluate it though...as it was quite bad at 64/65 to 70mph. He did not. Been fighting with Hyundai now since purchase date (3 months). Owned car now 95 days with 866 miles-as it is not comfortable to drive long distance/highway. Yet, I cannot get anyone to look at this issue. Also read, someone say it is not driveshaft but transmission vibration and Hyundai gave them a new transmission after driveshaft repairs and new tires, etc. Nothing fixed the problem until transmission.
I am sure when I dump my car (soon) the recall will come out and I will be screwed b/c I sold it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts