Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear Mr. Saxman, this is bertski. it appears for some reason our thread has been deleted....can we restart?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weird. Well, if you want to post them here, we can continue the conversation here
the first photo is at 20 feet, the distance from the bottom to the lighted area is 30 inches, the distance from the ground to the light is 30 inches, didn't you say it should be 2" less? The second is at 10 feet away, you can see the two cut in areas better, although the farther away you are the more distinct they are.The third is from 5 feet. trying to get A VIDEO SENT.....

, post: 9061, member: 645"]
Weird. Well, if you want to post them here, we can continue the conversation here

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yah, the lights should be aimed on a slight downward pitch ideally, so the light on the wall would be 28" off the ground if the center of the projector is 30". With them being flat, you'll get further light throw but be more likely to glare oncoming traffic. Do you get a lot of people flashing their lights at you?

Other than a minor adjustment (which I wouldn't worry about, it's not far off), your lights seem to be working as designed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yah, the lights should be aimed on a slight downward pitch ideally, so the light on the wall would be 28" off the ground if the center of the projector is 30". With them being flat, you'll get further light throw but be more likely to glare oncoming traffic. Do you get a lot of people flashing their lights at you?

Other than a minor adjustment (which I wouldn't worry about, it's not far off), your lights seem to be working as designed
yES WE HAVE HAD ONCOMING FLASH THEIR BRIGHTS AT US. THE LINk VIDEO BELOW shows the dips and how low to the ground the lightrd area is, only about 3 feet high but then why would people be flashing at us?

iCloud - Loading …

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Since the palisade doesn't have self leveling lights, when you accelerate or go up a hill, the vehicle leans back as the rear suspenion compresses and the lights shine at an upward angle, right into the face of traffic. That's part of why theyre normally aimed at a slightly downward angle, to help counteract that.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Correct, especially directly in front of you/in the notch. If you want to see higher things, you should use your high beams.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Your high beams aren't brighter than your low beams, they just aim higher. If you adjust your low beams to point further up, then they simply become high beams.

If the low beams are aimed to illuminate things 3'+ off the ground in front of you, they're illuminating the face of oncoming drivers, which is what happens when you trigger your high beams and cause people to flash their lights.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
From what I can tell from your images and video, the headlights appear to be working just fine to me.

Out of curiosity, what vehicle were you driving before this one? Trying to get an idea of what you are used to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this is my wife's car, she was driving a Toyota Highlander, very similar in size. And yes we have other cars with LED lights.

·
Registered
71 Posts
then we're back causing a problem for oncoming traffic.
You should be turning off your high beams when you see oncoming traffic. Better yet, let the car do this itself with the HBA (high beam assist)

this is my wife's car, she was driving a Toyota Highlander, very similar in size. And yes we have other cars with LED lights.
I have had all different types of cars ranging from halogen reflectors to LED projectors/jewels and HID. These LED's are by far the brightest set of lights I have ever had.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
she very rarely uses the high beams, she might have to with the poor visibility she is having with these, thanks.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
So she's coming from a highlander, which at least until the 2020s, only came with halogen low beams. As such, she is now getting SIGNIFICANTLY more light on the road, however, she is getting more contrast in the light cutoff. Basically, because the light she is getting up to the cutoff is brighter and doesn't just fade out, the delineation between illuminated and not illuminated is more noticeable.

If you look at the output chart of a 2018 highlander, you can see that the low beams fail to hit the IIHS "optimal low beam" value by quite a bit in all directions, where as the palisade LEDs blow that value out of the water.

Highlander

Palisade with LEDs

In fact, off to the sides, the palisade low beams outperform the Highlander high beams.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts