Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
What are the differences in the 2 Headlights? On one side, One has 3, and other has 2. Both are LEDs? Pictures below:

Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Hood

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate Calligraphy, Hyper White
21 Posts
Hi Guys,
What are the differences in the 2 Headlights? On one side, One has 3, and other has 2. Both are LEDs? Pictures below:

View attachment 5377

View attachment 5378
I believe these are region specific. None of the North American trims have the three headlights. Just looking at your photos, the second one appears to be the higher trim. Other than looks, I would say they are both LEDS and serve the same purpose. There are likely other differences considering they are likely different trim levels

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I believe these are region specific. None of the North American trims have the three headlights. Just looking at your photos, the second one appears to be the higher trim. Other than looks, I would say they are both LEDS and serve the same purpose. There are likely other differences considering they are likely different trim levels
Both are top trims. The latter on is 2021 model and 4wd.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it. If I may ask, what region/country are these at?
Seller says both are from Canada. But it shows Fahrenheit temp on both on cluster also (outside temp). is it possible to change to celcius on the fully digital cluster? I have seen pics with mph to kph on speedometer but outside temp stays at F

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
268 Posts
Reactions: Moe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The correct answer:

The top picture is the factory halogen headlight housing (not LED).

The bottom picture is the factory LED housing from non-North American markets. These LEDs have three elements: two low beam and one high beam.

Neither of these could possibly be from Canada.
Not the correct answer i guess.

In this video, it is 2 projector setup but these are LEDs, both high and low beam. How is the quality and visibility different?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
268 Posts
Not the correct answer i guess.

In this video, it is 2 projector setup but these are LEDs, both high and low beam. How is the quality and visibility different?
That video shows the North American LED setup. Which is a two element LED. But that is NOT what was posted in the original post’s first picture.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That video shows the North American LED setup. Which is a two element LED. But that is NOT what was posted in the original post’s first picture.
The seller says its a Canadian car and he says its a white LED. But i think it is a American car since its clusters Outside temp is displayed in Fahrenheit.

Vehicle Car Gadget Personal luxury car Electronic device

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
268 Posts
The seller says its a Canadian car and he says its a white LED. But i think it is a American car since its clusters Outside temp is displayed in Fahrenheit.

View attachment 5381
There could feasibly be an LED lightbulb currently fitted, but the fact is the top picture is a factory halogen housing.

There is no way it’s from North America. The only NA models with the extra connecting DRL dot were the very top trims, which had the dual element LED housing (and a grille like the one in the bottom picture).

The easiest way to check would be to look in the driver door jamb. That should give you plenty of info about its original market.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only NA models with the extra connecting DRL dot were the very top trims, which had the dual element LED housing.
the top pic with an extra dot Drl has two headlight assembly. What makes you think this is a halogen and not led? Pls explain

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
268 Posts
the top pic with an extra dot Drl has two headlight assembly. What makes you think this is a halogen and not led? Pls explain
This is what the dual element LED looks like:
Brown Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering wheel

This is what the halogen assembly looks like:
Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
86 Posts
What markets get that extra rectangular marker lights on the bumper? Trying to get some clues from the background. That Toyota (?) in the first pic has a license plate with a non North American shape. The road surface looks the same in both pics, so possibly the same location, but I'm unfamiliar with that appearance. There is some text on the sign in the second pic, could be English on the bottom (third word appears to be "AUTO") and maybe some middle eastern script on top? The first pic has a sign in the upper right side that might say "TO LET" or "TOILET" - hard to tell.

The front bumpers of both Palisades have three holes for presumably the same size wide license plate, so I'd definitely bet these pics are not from US or Canada.

Got the attached pic from the Hyundai UAE site:
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Sky

Three lenses in the headlights, rectangular bumper marker, wide license plate.

¯\( ツ)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What markets get that extra rectangular marker lights on the bumper? Trying to get some clues from the background. That Toyota (?) in the first pic has a license plate with a non North American shape. The road surface looks the same in both pics, so possibly the same location, but I'm unfamiliar with that appearance. There is some text on the sign in the second pic, could be English on the bottom (third word appears to be "AUTO") and maybe some middle eastern script on top? The first pic has a sign in the upper right side that might say "TO LET" or "TOILET" - hard to tell.

The front bumpers of both Palisades have three holes for presumably the same size wide license plate, so I'd definitely bet these pics are not from US or Canada.

Got the attached pic from the Hyundai UAE site:
View attachment 5384

Three lenses in the headlights, rectangular bumper marker, wide license plate.

¯\( ツ)
These cars are actually in UAE. They are imported here for sure, because the prices are slashed.

Dont believe the Uae based auto websites. The pictures are mostly wrong

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
268 Posts
What markets get that extra rectangular marker lights on the bumper?
Every single market except for North America. In North America, it only appears on the Calligraphy.

·
Premium Member
2022 Hyper White Calligraphy
166 Posts
Check - double check - triple check - are you planing on buying one of these ?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
268 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy Hyper White / Black
40 Posts
Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

View attachment 5377

View attachment 5378
My turn for a guess, Professor Plum did it in the library with the candlestick. Well to me these are not in North America. The bottom picture looks like a Calligraphy in the states except for the triple lights. But it does have the diamond shape grill accents, the little LED cutout just above the headlights and it does have the silver along the bottom extend ALL the way across the front. Now the top picture looks like a Limited in the states EXCEPT for the little led cutout above the headlight. SO??????? Also the bottom one has pre drilled holes for the lichens plate which doesn’t fit the pattern of North American plates. And the writing on the sign to the upper left does not look English to me..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts