Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My experience with any vehicle having the range of safety features that the Palisade has is very, very limited. Hence every thing is a new learning experience for me.

So today I was parked in a Walmart parking lot. Having just loaded the groceries I had placed the transmission in reverse and cleared my path as best as visibility allowed. All of sudden the Palisade throws a "hissy fit". Alarms are going off, lights on the dash are coming on and the steering wheel is vibrating. I then notice that a car was just then beginning to pass behind me from my right out of my blind spot. I stopped and I proceeded to try backing out again after the car passed. Nope, another "hissy fit" and then I noticed a 2nd car coming out of my blind spot. Once I processed what was happening I was thrilled and delighted that the Palisade had this feature, now fully tested my yours truly.

I am a do and learn sort of person. I know the 1" thick instruction manual would cover this but that would be a lot to process and digest void of a real life experience. Yet again I am thankful that at this price point Hyundai included so many useful features to ensure my safety.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My experience with any vehicle having the range of safety features that the Palisade has is very, very limited. Hence every thing is a new learning experience for me.

So today I was parked in a Walmart parking lot. Having just loaded the groceries I had placed the transmission in reverse and cleared my path as best as visibility allowed. All of sudden the Palisade throws a "hissy fit". Alarms are going off, lights on the dash are coming on and the steering wheel is vibrating. I then notice that a car was just then beginning to pass behind me from my right out of my blind spot. I stopped and I proceeded to try backing out again after the car passed. Nope, another "hissy fit" and then I noticed a 2nd car coming out of my blind spot. Once I processed what was happening I was thrilled and delighted that the Palisade had this feature, now fully tested my yours truly.

I am a do and learn sort of person. I know the 1" thick instruction manual would cover this but that would be a lot to process and digest void of a real life experience. Yet again I am thankful that at this price point Hyundai included so many useful features to ensure my safety.
Hi, Are these features with the Limited edition only or with the SEL too? I'm considering buying SEL with the premium pkg and not sure if it includes these features.

·
Registered
251 Posts
This link details the 3 trim levels which you should explore: https://www.hyundaiusa.com/palisade/specifications.aspx

As I read that site the SEL contains that feature. Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
Wrong feature. The blind spot collision avoidance assist prevents you from changing lanes when someone is in your blind spot by combining the blind spot monitoring system with the lane keep assist system.

The feature that you experienced at Walmart is the rear cross traffic collision avoidance assist (RCCA). It is also standard on the SEL (for @pal).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wrong feature. The blind spot collision avoidance assist prevents you from changing lanes when someone is in your blind spot by combining the blind spot monitoring system with the lane keep assist system.

The feature that you experienced at Walmart is the rear cross traffic collision avoidance assist (RCCA). It is also standard on the SEL (for @pal).
Thank you so much Eric!

·
Registered
251 Posts
@Sterling, @pal: no problem.

By the way, for a good breakdown of every feature for every trim level and option package, check out the PDF in this post:

A lot easier to digest in my personal opinion. Particularly when it comes to the bazillion safety features on this car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@Sterling, @pal: no problem.

By the way, for a good breakdown of every feature for every trim level and option package, check out the PDF in this post:

A lot easier to digest in my personal opinion. Particularly when it comes to the bazillion safety features on this car.
Wonderful. This pdf is very helpful!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts