Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, Palisades in Korea have problems with their evaporator coils improperly manufactured in China, causing white dust to come out of the AC. I am curious if any Palisade owners are having similar problems with ones they bought in the States. The white dust, called "eva-dust" in Korea, is Aluminum Hydroxide which is carcinogenic, and may also cause Alzheimer. Hyundai Korea is refusing to service the problematic cars (which seems to be pretty much every Palisade model), and they claim that the North American models also have the evaporator coils manufactured by the same Chinese company.

I put my deposit down for a Palisade, but I am now hesitant with the purchase. I'd love to know whether the NA models have the same problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’m about to purchase a Pallisade as well, but if this is an issue, that gives me pause. It’s one thing to have a little glitch with the tech here or there, but I take health risks seriously. Do you have any links or anything to where you found out about this problem with the Pallisades in Korea? I’d like to do some research on this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had the vehicle for over a week with 500 miles on it.. have not seen any such issue.. others might be able to confirm as well

·
Registered
38 Posts
Health is everything, I've had my Palisade for 2-weeks now, have not seen anything from A/C. But this has gotten me very curious. Should any of us get more info on this, let's kindly share on this forum please.
Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had mine for a few days, and haven't noticed anything. I googled, Aluminum Hydroxide, and it seems to be an antacid among other things. I can't find anything that says it's used in AC outside of one article from a Tampa HVAC guy asking about seeing some flakes from a heat pump. My guess is that the coils are made from Aluminum and reacting with the air some how.

The Alzheimer's theory is that Aluminum somehow causes it. But no study has been able to prove a link. I also can't find anything that says it causes cancer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ended up going ahead and purchasing the Palisade. I’ve only had it two days, but no white dust so far. I’m monitoring it though. I also googled it and couldn’t find anything but that one article about an HVAC. I would assume if it was a bigger problem, there would be more out about it 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ended up going ahead and purchasing the Palisade. I’ve only had it two days, but no white dust so far. I’m monitoring it though. I also googled it and couldn’t find anything but that one article about an HVAC. I would assume if it was a bigger problem, there would be more out about it 🤷🏻‍♀️
That was my thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe
Apparently, Palisades in Korea have problems with their evaporator coils improperly manufactured in China, causing white dust to come out of the AC. I am curious if any Palisade owners are having similar problems with ones they bought in the States. The white dust, called "eva-dust" in Korea, is Aluminum Hydroxide which is carcinogenic, and may also cause Alzheimer. Hyundai Korea is refusing to service the problematic cars (which seems to be pretty much every Palisade model), and they claim that the North American models also have the evaporator coils manufactured by the same Chinese company.

I put my deposit down for a Palisade, but I am now hesitant with the purchase. I'd love to know whether the NA models have the same problem.
Can you link to whatever articles, blogs, videos, etc there you've heard or read this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
So far, the claim is not showing credibility, also, we all can't find anything on the Web that supports it. No Hyundai vehicle has ever been mentioned to have that issue, why would it start with Palisade

·
Registered
20 Posts
If it were a widespread problem, Palisade would not have 58,000 preorders in Korea with people waiting 10 months to take delivery. I have driven over 500 miles without seeing white dust.. will keep an eye out but I don’t think this is true

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also do not believe this is widespread. I've driven about 500 miles, and with it being mid summer here, the AC has been on just about every time we're driving the car. I haven't seen any white dust. If I do ever see any - I'll give an update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to give you guys some links that Korean Palisade owners have this issue now.
However, I can't attach the links here as this is my first writing in this forum.
Copy below words in Korean and attach in Google.You guys see there are a lot of articles, images, and even Youtube. Sorry, it's all Korean as Palisades are made in Korea and sold in Korea first.
팰리세이드 에바가루

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is the link or explanation

Open with chrome and with page translation.

It most likely affect only with certain build date/year

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also have 2500 miles on mine and with a black interior I would expect to see any such dust. None at all, though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts