Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a bike rack for my new Palisade and when I noticed the car doesn't have a trailer hitch, I realized I have no idea what bike rack would work.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for a bike rack that will fit on the Hyundai Palisade?

Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had Thule Wingbar Evo crossbars installed at a place in Colorado called Rack Attack...they took my BMW Bike racks up top and converted the T-slats to fit the Thule Wingbar Evo crossbars, so that is 3 bikes up top. Rack Attack will also swap out all of my key cores so that I just have one key for everything which is nice.

I am getting my Curt Hitch installed Tuesday to hold my 4-bike Kuat NV 2.0 bike rack. I would definitely recommend the Kuat NV 2.0. It is extremely solid and I can’t imagine a bike rack getting any better, I have tried them all. It is heavy and expensive, but totally worth it.

here is a pic of my same bike racks loaded up on my BMW X5 (traded for Limited Palisade) on a 2000 mile road trip to Montana/Glacier NP...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had Thule Wingbar Evo crossbars installed at a place in Colorado called Rack Attack...they took my BMW Bike racks up top and converted the T-slats to fit the Thule Wingbar Evo crossbars, so that is 3 bikes up top. Rack Attack will also swap out all of my key cores so that I just have one key for everything which is nice.

I am getting my Curt Hitch installed Tuesday to hold my 4-bike Kuat NV 2.0 bike rack. I would definitely recommend the Kuat NV 2.0. It is extremely solid and I can’t imagine a bike rack getting any better, I have tried them all. It is heavy and expensive, but totally worth it.

here is a pic of my same bike racks loaded up on my BMW X5 (traded for Limited Palisade) on a 2000 mile road trip to Montana/Glacier NP...

View attachment 703 View attachment 704
Wow. More bikes than passengers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Haha, yes, it was a 21 member family reunion in Montana and of course the Colorado guy (me) was on bike duty...mostly cruisers ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow. More bikes than passengers!
Nice! Thanks for sharing the idea. I too traded my X5 for a Palisade and still have the accessory racks from the X5. Will look into doing something similar this Summer. How do you like the Palisade in comparison to the X5? I am thoroughly enjoying my Palisade and have not looked back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am going today to get the Thule 6 snowpack extender ski rack. So Rack Attack will take my 3 BMW branded bike racks (thule manufactured), the Thule 6 snowpack, Thule Wingbar Evo crossbars, and my Thule Aero 3 hitch bike rack and change all of the cores to make one key fit all of them which will be great!! I won’t look like a janitor unlocking my stuff anymore.

OP-I also LOVE my Thule Aero 3 bike hitch rack. It is 37 pounds, super light, and I use that when I dont need my Kuat (87 pounds) 4 bike rack.

I think I scared the poo out of the BMW dealer when they lowballed me on their trade offer ($21k) and I told them that Hyundai offered $25k for my BMW and the Palisade has 98% of the features of what the BMW has. So I got the Palisade. I had a literally fully loaded X5 (nightvision and self park and every other useless option) and I am pretty happy with the Palisade. Once the dealership fixes the wind noise, I will be pretty thrilled with it overall.
I do miss the “Dynamic Handling Package” of the BMW because that handled amazing in the mountains of Colorado. Other than that, I am giving Hyundai a shot and I hoping to be thrilled once they fix the wind noise next Tuesday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone found a bike rack that can fit on the truck for 3+ bikes that doesn't require the purchase/installation of a hitch? Struggling to find a "universal" type of mount that would fit my Palisade.

·
Registered
9 Posts

View attachment 703 View attachment 704
What is the make and model of your bike rack on the bmw rear hitch? I’m am looking for a tray rack.
thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts