Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 weeks the air cond stopped cooling, I was told that a debris from the road damaged the front condensing coil, not covered under warranty $940 out of my pocket.. after 40 years driving at least 50k miles a year and not following anybody too close, it is kind of strange that I never had that same occurrence in the past.

·
Super Moderator
958 Posts
After 4 weeks the air cond stopped cooling, I was told that a debris from the road damaged the front condensing coil, not covered under warranty $940 out of my pocket.. after 40 years driving at least 50k miles a year and not following anybody too close, it is kind of strange that I never had that same occurrence in the past.
check with your insurance company first thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Second opinion was talking about poor quality, the damage is microscopic.. thin foil quality.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Second opinion was talking about poor quality, the damage is microscopic.. thin foil quality.
Wow, I'd be livid! It's not like these guys send the part back to Korea for proof! I would have taken it back to another dealer. No f'en way this should not be covered under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
447 Posts
How did they prove it was road debris and not poor design?
How can you prove that it was design defect and 3sons66 they send the parts back to to the factory for examination. I would suggest maybe filing a case with Hyundai and have them send a factory Tech to check out your problem or take it to a A/C shop and have them repair it if possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It shows a microscopic dent on the center of the coil, less than a mm in size, they claimed that maybe a very small rock perforated the coil.. i am not confident that it will not happen again, $940 out of pocket and one month waiting for the part.. car is still at the dealer. ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Magnusson Moss should come into a discussion but I do get your challenge proving that it is their poor design that failed during normal operations e.g. driving a car on a road.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Coil show a dent, but it is very unusual for a small debris to perforate the coil: my conclusion is tin foil quality..as soon as I get it back this car will be sold... but after more than 4 weeks they are still waiting for parts, no loaner because is not their fault ? delivered on Dec 12, today is Jan 14, that is after paying close to $5000 on a Platinum service agreement
LUXCARE XT $945
TREEFORONE $636
Service Contract $1994
Maintenance agreement $863
Shadow Mark Theft $482
?
I have been Driving for 45 years, this is the worse dealer ever.. Coconut creek Hyundai in South Florida..

·
Super Moderator
447 Posts
Just take it to air conditioning shop and have them solder it and $ 5000 on a service agreement they did take advantage of you big time and looking at your picture it was damaged from a stone and would not be covered under any warranty and of course no loaner Hyundai didn't damage it or dealer .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are correct, but coils are in front of cars going over 75 MPH, they have to take the abuse.. My old Mercedes 1985 300d with over 300k, my 5 X Freightliner Sprinters some with over 500k miles, my BMW X1 with 27k miles, none of them show the amount of dents on the coil like this Palisade does with less than 2000 miles, to add to the mystery you will not find any damage on the front paint nor into the grill, the aluminum coil perhaps was made out of thin foil..
when you buy a top of the line vehicle you expect top of the line materials. Taking 5 weeks to replace a condenser on a new car is far from common, not informing the customer about their constant delays is also bad business.
I always got loaners on Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, BMW but I agree with you Hyundai is not one of them.. they may have nice gadgets, they may cost as much as the Germans but the fit and finish, the level of service and warranty do not come close to them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for you comment, in reality I do not mind paying for it, the problem is that looking at the shape of the condenser after just 2000 miles I am not reassured that it will not happen again., the condenser on my 1985 Mercedes looks better than that. Incompetent staff make it worse.
Magnusson Moss should come into a discussion but I do get your challenge proving that it is their poor design that failed during normal operations e.g. driving a car on a road.
View attachment 655
by making me pay for the repair.. poor design is obvious, the paint and the grill do not have any marks, the coil got plenty of dents, the first attachment is the Palisade’s coil, the second one is on a Mercedes with a lots of miles: note that the first one got one on top and one on the left bottom with only 2000 miles, the one in the Mercedes some issues on the fins but not on the tubes, the coil on the 1985 Mercedes is like new, original 315k miles.. the last one on a sprinter no dents year

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they are showing two dents on the tubes, several on the fins but no paint damage of any kind, the front of the vehicle is immaculate, note that now coils on Hyundai are weaker than paint!!

·
Super Moderator
958 Posts
You are correct, but coils are in front of cars going over 75 MPH, they have to take the abuse.. My old Mercedes 1985 300d with over 300k, my 5 X Freightliner Sprinters some with over 500k miles, my BMW X1 with 27k miles, none of them show the amount of dents on the coil like this Palisade does with less than 2000 miles, to add to the mystery you will not find any damage on the front paint nor into the grill, the aluminum coil perhaps was made out of thin foil..
when you buy a top of the line vehicle you expect top of the line materials. Taking 5 weeks to replace a condenser on a new car is far from common, not informing the customer about their constant delays is also bad business.
I always got loaners on Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, BMW but I agree with you Hyundai is not one of them.. they may have nice gadgets, they may cost as much as the Germans but the fit and finish, the level of service and warranty do not come close to them.
Maybe you should check out the new Genesis GV80 just coming out. They will come to your house, leave a loaner and give top of the line benefits. Of course you will pay thru the nose, just like the cars you list and with Genesis get the same service at a dealership that their cheapest car gets

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is what I got from my dealer.. note that our Palisade was dropped at the Dealer on Dec 12th .. what should I do, they didn’t offered a loaner? Transcript voice mail:
“Hey Allen it's Aaron I'm just giving you a call back I don't know if you get a text message from your salesman yet but I did get it approved through Hyundai ⁠_ part to get pushback to the 26th um I'll keep you updated as we go again my phone number is 954-706-8013 you can call her or text me at any point in time thank you and have a nice day…”

·
Super Moderator
958 Posts
If this was road debris why aren't there any other marks on the fins any where?
Glad to hear they are going to take care of this for you.
If you can see where debris might have gotten in you might want to put a small piece of screendoor screen there
Yes I'm sure you will have same dealer, same service advisers, but pretty sure the engine being a 3.3TT will have a different condenser coil.

·
Super Moderator
447 Posts
Gene it only takes that one rock in the right place. I think it could be repaired at a a/c shop with a little silver solder and loaner by Hyundai will not happen and his extra warranty will not cover it also not mechanical.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts