Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am a firm believer if you wash your car regularly, wax 2-3 times a year, maybe use a spray on “showtime” wax once a month you’ll save $$$$. We are driving SUVs, not Ferrari’s or concours quality show cars. Just my opinion.
I agree, I pay $40 per month which allows me to run my 23 Palisade through a brushless car wash once a day if need be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am a firm believer if you wash your car regularly, wax 2-3 times a year, maybe use a spray on “showtime” wax once a month you’ll save $$$$. We are driving SUVs, not Ferrari’s or concours quality show cars. Just my opinion.
I am amazed at all of the money being spent on PPF Nd ceramic coatings on the Palisades. Remember these are mid priced suv’s not show cars as the previous poster said. They are drivers and are going to get chips and. degraded paint luster. I have a concours show car and use only a high quality paint sealant. You would be disqualified for using the PP F at one of the judging evevts.
Save your money and enjoy your cars. I am and love it

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am old and old fashioned I guess, seat covers, storage space protective mats, floor mats which I can sort of see because of living in Wisconsin, surface protecting sealants. I don’t understand the concept of dropping an extra 8 to 10k on a vehicle In order to provide the second owner with a pristine automobile, I just don’t see the ROI.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Maybe let people spend their money how they see fit? I own a car with 190K miles (not the Palisade) and the paint is shot from all the impacts and various other things thrown at it over the years. Makes me regret not protecting the paint when it was new. I’ll definitely do it on the next car. The Palisade is ceramic-coated.

This has nothing to do with making the car concours-ready or a return on investment. Simply wanting to keep the car looking nice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maybe let people spend their money how they see fit? I own a car with 190K miles (not the Palisade) and the paint is shot from all the impacts and various other things thrown at it over the years. Makes me regret not protecting the paint when it was new. I’ll definitely do it on the next car. The Palisade is ceramic-coated.

This has nothing to do with making the car concours-ready or a return on investment. Simply wanting to keep the car looking nice.
More power to you, not many people feel like you. My daughter has a 2022 Palisade and it is a pig pen with 8,500 miles on it . YUK

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I am amazed at all of the money being spent on PPF Nd ceramic coatings on the Palisades. Remember these are mid priced suv’s not show cars as the previous poster said. They are drivers and are going to get chips and. degraded paint luster. I have a concours show car and use only a high quality paint sealant. You would be disqualified for using the PP F at one of the judging evevts.
Save your money and enjoy your cars. I am and love it

I am old and old fashioned I guess, seat covers, storage space protective mats, floor mats which I can sort of see because of living in Wisconsin, surface protecting sealants. I don’t understand the concept of dropping an extra 8 to 10k on a vehicle In order to provide the second owner with a pristine automobile, I just don’t see the ROI.

I appreciate the wide array of inputs on my question. I guess I did go down the hole thinking this is something I need to do. I looked at my 2013 Camry yesterday that I did not, at all, care for and still looking pretty good. If only I had put in a little TLC, washed and waxed it regularly, it would've looked close to brand new.

Long way of saying, I think I'm going to go the manual route of wax and polish or at most get a ceramic coating than the very expensive PPF. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I appreciate the wide array of inputs on my question. I guess I did go down the hole thinking this is something I need to do. I looked at my 2013 Camry yesterday that I did not, at all, care for and still looking pretty good. If only I had put in a little TLC, washed and waxed it regularly, it would've looked close to brand new.

Long way of saying, I think I'm going to go the manual route of wax and polish or at most get a ceramic coating than the very expensive PPF. Thanks everyone!
I tip my hat to you sir!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts