Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just took ownership of a limited on 2/2/20 and I have the vibration issue. Actually starts at speeds around 38 mph up to ~70 mph. Brought it back to the dealership today and they rebalanced the tires and checked the alignment, still the same issue.

As soon as they have a loaner I will be dropping it off.

This has an assembled date of 12/19. To add insult to injury I also have significant wind noise from both driver and passenger side windows up front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, I have the same vibration issue and I'd like to share my journey with this issue:
1. First trip: I brought my car to dealership 3 weeks ago and complained about the highway vibration issue, they did all tires and wheels balance, didnt fix the issue
2. Second trip: They replaced the rear drive shaft propeller, still didnt fix the issue
3. Third trip: at this time, the service manager directly works with me and Hyundai corporation assigned a representative to my case. First, they replaced all 4 tires, still didnt fix the issue. They have my car for 1 week and gave me a decent rental car. At the end, Hyundai engineer found the issue is within the transmission and they replaced the whole transmission assembly. It fixed the issue.
Although I had to spend my time at the dealer, the dealership provided good customer service and they are very patient with my car. They called and kept me posted on daily basis, i have to say thumbs up for their service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just wondering – (As a guy interested in purchasing a Palisade but now having second thoughts)-

Are all these vibration issues only happening in models with AWD?

(My laymen understanding is that a FWD vehicle would not have a drive-shaft and hence wouldn’t have that problem?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering – (As a guy interested in purchasing a Palisade but now having second thoughts)-

(My laymen understanding is that a FWD vehicle would not have a drive-shaft and hence wouldn’t have that problem?)
I guess you need to do a good test drive, test it out for at least 20 mins on highway. Palisade is an awesome car, trust me, i were about to get the highlander but Palisade took my attention. I love it, i just have bad luck with the vibration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Joe,

I plan on filing an NHTSA report. We are waiting to hear from Hyundai Corp if they will buy back the vehicle. The service dept claims the issue is fixed with the installation of the new drive shaft and reported as such to Hyundai. However we have confirmed and made the dealer and Hyundai aware that although it is better with the new drive shaft the vibration/rumble between 68-75 is still present. At this point they have had four chances to fix it and we will be consulting with our attorney to proceed with the lemon law if Hyundai does not agree to a buy back.

The sales manager at our dealer (Hyundai Village of Danvers MA) said with a straight face that if Hyundai does not agree to buy back he would have to depreciate the vehicle by $8000 and we would have to split the depreciation cost. In other words to put us in another vehicle that doesn't vibrate, if one even exists on his lot, he expects us to pay an additional $4k above selling price. You really can't make this 'stuff' up. At this point we are waiting to hear back from Hyundai Corporate. Please keep us posted on your outcome and I wish you better luck than we have had.
my car has been in the shop for 50 days total since we got it in July of 2019. New fuel pump and new engine (yes I said engine). Hyundaicovered the cost of the engine and pump but now my $54,000 dollar car has major repairs on the car fax. When I told them that I wanted them to buy it back, They offered us two Car payments as an “act of goodwill” while asking us to sign papers saying if we took the two car payments we had to sign papers. Reading the fine print it releases them from all liability. I refused and have now hired a lawyer! I LOVED Hyundai but they just lost a whole bunch of loyal customers when they did this!

·
Registered
21 Posts

I’d wait until the 2021 model comes out or 22. Too many problems. Mine was repurchased by Hyundai.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts