Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
This whole ordeal with both the dealership and Hyundai corporate has been a nightmare.
I just have no patience for this kind of corporate incompetence. Start posting your experiences to their Facebook page and any other social media presence. Big corporations have teams monitoring their social media accounts for unhappy posts and you might get further traction this way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I had posted this on another Palisade forum but wanted it here as well in case anyone else is having a similar issue:

Initial post:
We purchased a Palisade one week ago on Friday Aug 2nd. Over the weekend while driving on the highway we noticed a very obvious shake and low sounding rumble as though we were driving on the rumble strip. The vibration begins at 65 mph and continues on through 73 mph. It can be felt in the wheel and in all of the seats. By the time you reach 80 mph it isn't really noticeable. It went into the dealers shop this past Tuesday. They had it in the shop on Tuesday morning and balanced the tires. It changed nothing in the vibration so I brought it back in. A dealer mechanic drove with us and confirmed the vibration at highway speeds. They had it all week and opened a case with Hyundai. They were told by Hyundai corporate to measure the runout of the driveshaft and said it was normal. They were instructed by Hyundai to replace the rear tires and they stated they were out of round from being strapped down during transport from South Korea. Got it back late this afternoon and the vibration/rumble is still present.

I'm putting this out there so others who experience this issue might realize it's not an isolated issue. Another poster on here said he test drove two Palisades and they both exhibited the exact same vibration at the same speeds. The dealer told him they had to replace the axles of both Palisades. When I mentioned this to our dealer's shop the manager stated he can't go by what's on the web. This has been very frustrating, purchasing a new vehicle and unable to drive it for the first week.

I hope others have better luck. This one is going back to the shop first thing Monday morning. They have one more attempt to fix this at the dealer and then I need to contact Hyundai Corporate notifying them and allow them one final chance before this can go to arbitration for the lemon law. I'm hoping they can fix this and it won't have to go that far.

Follow-up post:
The dealer replaced the front tires, that didn't fix it. Then the Hyundai tech told them to replace the main drive shaft, which is odd because during the first drop off two weeks ago they told me they measured the run out on it and told me it was well within Hyundai's specs. We drove it this morning and it was much better but still mildly noticeable between 68-72. We told the tech that it was much better, probably 80% better but was still present. We then spoke to the manager and they are going to speak with Hyundai. When we first noticed the issue in our car we had driven a second Palisade they had on the lot with their head of tech and the tech said it had the same issue as ours but not as severe. We noticed it in that vehicle as well. The dealer is contacting Hyundai corporate to see what they are going to do. I have had to take vacation time from work to deal with this issue with the car being in and out of the shop four times now so I'm hoping they can replace it with one that doesn't have the issue. Will keep this thread posted with updates.

Third and currently last post:
One added point when we spoke to the sales manager. He told us that he hadn't had any issues with the other two Palisades on their lot. I told him the Limited you have out on the lot with the sold sign in the window has the exact same issue and was identified by YOUR head tech when we drove it with him to compare to our vehicle. He was conspicuously silent after that comment. They sold a brand new vehicle which the head tech knew had a drive train vibration issue. Either their tech didn't communicate the issue to the manager or the manager ignored the message from the tech. In either case the behavior is outright criminal. I have aslo been in touch with Hyundai corporate customer service and waiting to hear back today. I have told them we don't want this vehicle back. At this point we have picked it up three times from them. The first two times I was told the issue was resolved and that they had test driven it. There was absolutely no change in the vibration. The third time we picked it up after the drive shaft replacement we saw that they had put 100 miles on it. That's one heck of a test drive, however though the vibration was much improved it was not completely gone. It still occurred between 68 and 72. This exact same issue is very prevalent over on the Telluride forum. I believe the Telluride came out a month or so before the Palisade so I think it is a just matter of time before this becomes more prevalent on the Hyundai forums.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would have made the dealer replace the vehicle immediately. You should have contacted the owner of the dealership and your states Atty General. No way would I have kept a new vehicle with so many issues

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, what a horrible experience you guys had. I didn't know earlier that Hyundai Corp is such a crook company. I was looking at Palisade, but it seems if this issue is not fixed I'm going to reconsider and look for other brands with better reputation and that actually offer lower than MSRP prices. This is outrageous with owners having to pay $50.000+ and to be left with broken vehicle that isn't fixed. This is so far worst I've ever heard.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Wow, what a horrible experience you guys had. I didn't know earlier that Hyundai Corp is such a crook company. I was looking at Palisade, but it seems if this issue is not fixed I'm going to reconsider and look for other brands with better reputation and that actually offer lower than MSRP prices. This is outrageous with owners having to pay $50.000+ and to be left with broken vehicle that isn't fixed. This is so far worst I've ever heard.
To be clear, Hyundai has nothing to do with the fact that some dealers choose to charge a premium over MSRP. Dealerships are privately owned. They're not Hyundai Corporate.

I'm also not sure this ranks Hyundai as a "crook" company. These things happen when mass-producing something. Let's hope they take care of affected customers. But there have been far worse things in Hyundai's history that should make you look away than this particular incident. Such as the misleading fuel consumption numbers, or the issues with the Theta II engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had the new Palisade for 2 months. Limited in black. We have the vibration issues. Driver window makes a bull horn noise when air hits it. The car has 1000 miles and has been to our dealer more times that I can count. I just contacted the Lemon law group to address Hyundai as we no longer want the vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is now a Technical Service Bulletin (sorry, do not know the number yet) on the vibration. We have it on ours - noticed it the day we brought it home. Dealer confirms and we are getting it fixed in a couple of weeks. It is a rear half shaft and another part Others have confirmed that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Joe,

I just went further back in the thread a noticed this in one of your previous posts:
'The tech at the first dealer (where I purchased it) drove it and acknowledged the issue and drove another car on the lot and it also had an issue.'

If the tech acknowledged the issue how can the deny that there is an issue? Hyundai needs to step up. If this continues I hope the company goes down in flames because of this. There are many more postings of this issue on the Telluride forums. We really like the car other than the vibration and if they could have fixed the vibration we would have been happy keeping the car. With the low frequency vibration/rumbling when driving on smooth highways it makes driving it a miserable experience.
Hello

Have you had any further progress? Was the dealership able to fix the issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I had the propeller shaft replaced on mine with another vehicle on the lot but did not fix the pedal vibe issue. Has this fix resolved it for anyone else?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed the vibration as well on my less than a month old Limited AWD. Contacting the dealer today to see how they handle this. My concern is the TSB fix for this issue pertains to vehicle made before July 29 and my vehicle was built in November.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let me know update on yours coz mine is october built.
I noticed the vibration as well on my less than a month old Limited AWD. Contacting the dealer today to see how they handle this. My concern is the TSB fix for this issue pertains to vehicle made before July 29 and my vehicle was built in November.

·
Registered
8 Posts
update! Update! Update!
So after thinking about what else can cause vibration to the floor board, gas and brake pedal, I tot about checking tire pressure. I know for a fact when i test drove my palisade before buying it it didnt had the vibration issue. To my surprise upon checking the tire pressure, it is over inflated to 40psi instead of the door jam sticker of 35psi.. ride is way better now, some of the vibration still there from the road bumps imperfections. Nothing extra ordinary vibration. Happy camper again.
Let me know update on yours coz mine is october built.

·
Registered
89 Posts
When I took possession of my new SEL all the tires were overinflated to 45 PSI. I have read several other posts about this and is what prompted me to check the pressure. Maybe they inflate them high for the boat ride from Korea to help prevent flat spots and tire thumping. But correcting this should be part of the dealer prep or port of entry prep.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I had posted this on another Palisade forum but wanted it here as well in case anyone else is having a similar issue:

Initial post:
We purchased a Palisade one week ago on Friday Aug 2nd. Over the weekend while driving on the highway we noticed a very obvious shake and low sounding rumble as though we were driving on the rumble strip. The vibration begins at 65 mph and continues on through 73 mph. It can be felt in the wheel and in all of the seats. By the time you reach 80 mph it isn't really noticeable. It went into the dealers shop this past Tuesday. They had it in the shop on Tuesday morning and balanced the tires. It changed nothing in the vibration so I brought it back in. A dealer mechanic drove with us and confirmed the vibration at highway speeds. They had it all week and opened a case with Hyundai. They were told by Hyundai corporate to measure the runout of the driveshaft and said it was normal. They were instructed by Hyundai to replace the rear tires and they stated they were out of round from being strapped down during transport from South Korea. Got it back late this afternoon and the vibration/rumble is still present.

I'm putting this out there so others who experience this issue might realize it's not an isolated issue. Another poster on here said he test drove two Palisades and they both exhibited the exact same vibration at the same speeds. The dealer told him they had to replace the axles of both Palisades. When I mentioned this to our dealer's shop the manager stated he can't go by what's on the web. This has been very frustrating, purchasing a new vehicle and unable to drive it for the first week.

I hope others have better luck. This one is going back to the shop first thing Monday morning. They have one more attempt to fix this at the dealer and then I need to contact Hyundai Corporate notifying them and allow them one final chance before this can go to arbitration for the lemon law. I'm hoping they can fix this and it won't have to go that far.

Follow-up post:
The dealer replaced the front tires, that didn't fix it. Then the Hyundai tech told them to replace the main drive shaft, which is odd because during the first drop off two weeks ago they told me they measured the run out on it and told me it was well within Hyundai's specs. We drove it this morning and it was much better but still mildly noticeable between 68-72. We told the tech that it was much better, probably 80% better but was still present. We then spoke to the manager and they are going to speak with Hyundai. When we first noticed the issue in our car we had driven a second Palisade they had on the lot with their head of tech and the tech said it had the same issue as ours but not as severe. We noticed it in that vehicle as well. The dealer is contacting Hyundai corporate to see what they are going to do. I have had to take vacation time from work to deal with this issue with the car being in and out of the shop four times now so I'm hoping they can replace it with one that doesn't have the issue. Will keep this thread posted with updates.

Third and currently last post:
One added point when we spoke to the sales manager. He told us that he hadn't had any issues with the other two Palisades on their lot. I told him the Limited you have out on the lot with the sold sign in the window has the exact same issue and was identified by YOUR head tech when we drove it with him to compare to our vehicle. He was conspicuously silent after that comment. They sold a brand new vehicle which the head tech knew had a drive train vibration issue. Either their tech didn't communicate the issue to the manager or the manager ignored the message from the tech. In either case the behavior is outright criminal. I have aslo been in touch with Hyundai corporate customer service and waiting to hear back today. I have told them we don't want this vehicle back. At this point we have picked it up three times from them. The first two times I was told the issue was resolved and that they had test driven it. There was absolutely no change in the vibration. The third time we picked it up after the drive shaft replacement we saw that they had put 100 miles on it. That's one heck of a test drive, however though the vibration was much improved it was not completely gone. It still occurred between 68 and 72. This exact same issue is very prevalent over on the Telluride forum. I believe the Telluride came out a month or so before the Palisade so I think it is a just matter of time before this becomes more prevalent on the Hyundai forums.
Same issue I just posted on our Limited. They tell us it’s the drive coupler. Waiting for parts.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts