Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They look cool,but has anyone actually used them. Had Ultimate for two months now. Never used it. Would have preferred folding mirrors instead. Just saying. Mogens

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use mine for engine braking whenever I'm in the mountains on downgrades. Works great. Sure saves the brakes for when I really need them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It seems out of place in an SUV that's imaged to be upscaled and luxurious.

Hey Telluride! Trade my paddle shifters for your folding mirrors! Lol. Makes more sense I think.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They (flippers) are invaluable if you drive in mountains frequently. I had them in my Santa Fe 2.0T and quickly learned how to use and love them. So in my Palisade they were a part of the buying decision. They are most useful when traffic is continually changing speed in a downhill situation. Usually you need to change more than one gear up or down because there is a wide range between first and eighth gear. To disengage simply hold the + flipper in for a couple of seconds. The gear being used is displayed on the display. As mentioned before, they are also handy after leaving the freeway to slow down on the off ramp or approaching a traffic light. Stay safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts