Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was chatting with an owner like me who has a "garlic breath" like smell in his Palisade when the car is parked with the windows closed and he suggested we try to get a count of the folks on this forum who are in our same situation and still having the issue. I know there have been other threads on this in the past, but I'd like to take a current pulse of the forum. Please reply to this thread if you have a Limited with the Beige interior and have the foul odor problem. Thanks!
Yes, I have noticed the smell especially when it has been left in the sun on warm days. I contributed the smell to my aftermarket carpeting. Now I am glad to know the source of the distasteful smell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was chatting with an owner like me who has a "garlic breath" like smell in his Palisade when the car is parked with the windows closed and he suggested we try to get a count of the folks on this forum who are in our same situation and still having the issue. I know there have been other threads on this in the past, but I'd like to take a current pulse of the forum. Please reply to this thread if you have a Limited with the Beige interior and have the foul odor problem. Thanks!
I have the same vehicle with the same problem. I have the vehicle for about a month now and it’s not going away. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car stinks!! Hot garlic breath!! HELP

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2021 Limited with beige interior and after parking outside for 9 holes of golf I noticed the smell. It was strongest from my headrests and when I opened the bottom to smell the foam that was bad too.

I used a 24 hour chlorine dioxide treatment that I got from Duluth Trading Company. So although I didn’t have it too bad, I wanted to be proactive and so far it’s working.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is the head rest. Put them in a garbage bag, keep them warm and smell them the next morning. First 2 rows only. See what happens. Black or beige interior makes no difference.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
148 Posts
It is the head rest. Put them in a garbage bag, keep them warm and smell them the next morning. First 2 rows only. See what happens. Black or beige interior makes no difference.
I think it's more than just the headrests. I've seen people have written they took the headrests out of the car and it still smells.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it's more than just the headrests. I've seen people have written they took the headrests out of the car and it still smells.
I’ll let you know tomorrow. I took mine out today. Only place I can smell it is from the headrest .

·
Registered
672 Posts
Where do I file a complaint with Hyundai for the smelly interior?
I’ve found success filing a BBB complaint as well as call Hyundai customer service. Keep track of:

1) When, what mileage did your issue start
2) Who you spoke to at Hyundai USA
3) What were the promises made around fixing your issue

Good, accurate record keeping will serve you well in the end should you find Hyundai can’t fully fix your issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I checked the smell on my Palisade today and no smell after removing the headrests for a day. Definitely mine is coming from the headrests. You can smell the terrible odor coming from the headrests. Now to find out how to eliminate the odor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I removed all headrests that I could and the smell stopped, I am going to the dealer today to have the headrests in the 3rd row removed. I placed each in a plastic bag and sealed them and placed all of them in a plastic bin. At this point unknown if there are other areas within the SUV that also smells, but this is a start. It is to bad that Hyundai couldn't figure this out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
despite the odor, does anyone else with the so called Nappa leather feel like it's poor quality leather?
I was looking forward to the nice leather smell when I got the car Dec 2019 but alas that was not to be.
what are the odds that it's not even leather? Maybe it's some type of bonded leather or vinyl...would hyundai do that? Nappa is supposed to be soft, full grain leather. It definitely is not soft. Feel the quilted door areas, doesnt feel like leather at all.

Let me know if anyone finds out. I may go look in detail at the "leather" tomorrow.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts