Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 2021 Palisade Limited two weeks ago. I traded in my F150 for it. So far I absolutely love the vehicle except for 4 things:
  1. Overhead map light buttons are not backlit. So far as I can tell literally every other button in the entire vehicle is backlit except for the map light buttons. That is a major oversight (or I have a defective part)
  2. The owner's manual comes in a cheap, clear plastic bag instead of a nice vinyl/leather portfolio
  3. The 3rd-row floormat has this weird overhanging tongue-like protrusion into the second row. I haven't taken the time yet to inspect and make sure it's set in there the right way, but it looks absurd.
  4. The Bluelink app lets me remote start my vehicle and specifies temperature, heated features (defroster, side mirrors, and steering wheel), etc; however, it does not let me turn on the heated seats. In addition, it does shows a grayed-out icon for the heated seats on the app (IOS version).
Other than that I love it. If anyone has any suggestions for a nice folio to put the owner's manual in over the clear plastic, I'd love to hear some suggestions.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
123 Posts
Yeah, the unlit map light buttons is a bummer. That was a definite boo in my book.

I haven't really thought about the plastic case for the owner's manual, it hasn't bothered me, but perhaps others have a good solution for you.

My third row mat doesn't seem to have any protrusion, but I have a bench seat, not sure if that makes a difference.

I've never used the remote start, and likely never will, but I have heard others complain about the inability to start the butt warmers. Maybe they'll add that feature at a later date.

Glad you're liking your rig. We've only 1000 miles into ours but I adore this car.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy Burgundy/Beige
28 Posts
Do we have heated side mirrors? I see this option in BlueLink but I don't see a button inside the car....I had them in 2019 CRV and absolutely loved this feature.

·
Registered
26 Posts
3. The 3rd-row floormat has this weird overhanging tongue-like protrusion into the second row. I haven't taken the time yet to inspect and make sure it's set in there the right way, but it looks absurd.
I scratched my head on that one and even thought about cutting that protrusion off the rear floormat. Then the light bulb came on over my head...it's not installed correctly! Lift up the 2nd row floor mat and tuck that 3rd row protrusion under it. It will settle down after a couple of days and will fit perfectly!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my Palisade 2 weeks ago. It's a great vehicle so far. I can't believe they forgot to squeeze in a sunglass holder and a place to hold coins! I bought an organizer off Amazon that fits in the center console storage bin. Not an ideal place since the storage cover is huge and it's difficult to open when I'm driving. But I guess that's what the lane assist is for. :LOL:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tucked my rear mat tongue underneath as above and it is just fine but why is it there ? Live in Florida so not much need for heated seats (autostart concern) but they came with vehicle, Cloth seats heated up very quickly and very warm. Added after market leather seats and you can hardly feel the heated seats now -- not good but whatever. Our last vehicle had cooled seats -- very nice for Florida.
Also bought a console organiser off Amazon -- very nice fit and very practical but would never think of trying to open when in motion !
I think the sunglass holder is a rear view mirror in the Palisade -- Koreans must think American kids need watching at all times !

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just purchased a new 2021 Palisade Limited two weeks ago. I traded in my F150 for it. So far I absolutely love the vehicle except for 4 things:
  1. Overhead map light buttons are not backlit. So far as I can tell literally every other button in the entire vehicle is backlit except for the map light buttons. That is a major oversight (or I have a defective part)
  2. The owner's manual comes in a cheap, clear plastic bag instead of a nice vinyl/leather portfolio
  4. The Bluelink app lets me remote start my vehicle and specifies temperature, heated features (defroster, side mirrors, and steering wheel), etc; however, it does not let me turn on the heated seats. In addition, it does shows a grayed-out icon for the heated seats on the app (IOS version).
Other than that I love it. If anyone has any suggestions for a nice folio to put the owner's manual in over the clear plastic, I'd love to hear some suggestions.
Awaiting delivery on Calligraphy but have researched a fair amount.

1. No backlight is a complaint of reviewers on You Tube, not a defect. Agree it should be.
2. Going cheap on a manual cover is plain dumb by Hyundai. Try a Dollar store or an autowrecker for example.
3. The floor mat you have for 3rd row is, I believe, intended for 2nd row captain chairs with the tongue extending between them from the 3rd row.
4. They heat up quickly in my Kia so don't see it as a big deal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think your just being picky. there all minor things. look at my baby calligraphies

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s so funny..you addressed EXACTLY the same things we found, in the same order😉

1 - 12 of 12 Posts