Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone put in an overhead unit? Looking to get one but was to see option of sizes if possible. We have headrest units but its too close to my daughter's face.

·
Super Moderator
851 Posts
I take it you have replaced the head rests
I think it might be a big job running power to an overhead system.
Haven't seen anyone do it yet. If you do please let us know
and maybe take pictures as you go along to share.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the head rest was clip on's but I watched some videos to where they removed the lights and used that to power the overhead being that the TV has integrated dome lights as well. I ended up ordering a 17in TV if it looks good and not overkill I will provide install pics and how to's

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Removed the lights and used the wires from the lights. I tapped into them so in the future if we sell( not thinking of it) I can remove and put stock lights back... once I removed the lights the b pillar was right on top so that was whats going to hold the tv up. So from the wires already provided from the lights gave me ground, hot, and trigger door switch. The only wire I had to wire to front was the accessories wire witch will allow the tv to turn on and off with car. Found a spare 10amp fuse and tapped into that. The tv I got is just a monitor 17inch so I got a stream stick that allows me to mirror my phone to tv for kids. I also added a rear view camera/dash cam being that I can't see out the rear view anymore. All in all very happy with turn out kid loves it! Took about 5 hours to get everything right the hardest part was fishing wire through liner and being careful not to puncher and airbags. If anyone has questions let me know i will more than happy to help!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well the head rest was clip on's but I watched some videos to where they removed the lights and used that to power the overhead being that the TV has integrated dome lights as well. I ended up ordering a 17in TV if it looks good and not overkill I will provide install pics and how to's
Two questions you may be able to answer:
1. How did you remove the light that you replaced with the TV? Where there simply clips holding it up? I tried to remove the light in the back by the hatch and felt like I was going to break something.

2. How much "stuff" is above the headliner? I know the HVAC has routing up there.

I'm asking as I'm still working to figure out the best approach to hardwire a cam for the rear. I'm either going to wire it into the lighting at the back or run power from the front mirror again.

Thanks-

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Once you remove the two screws there is no clip holding it just glue.
As far as what else is up there I'm not sure I just fished my acc wire to the side door then down the panel. I do have a dash cam front and rear if you run through the side it was very easy to hide the wires from the back tl front by just removing the weather strips

1 - 14 of 14 Posts