Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once you have chosen the limited edition, it seems all the options are there. There are a few that they stick you with. Apparently, you have no choice. Are any of them worth anything? I asked about the bumper application and the scant feedback I got was unenthusiastic. The weeklocks are cheap on Amazon and I am a huge fan of Weathertech for the rear deck and floor mats. 20 years of SUV driving, I have never used a cargo net or that cover. The tow hitch is one that if I needed I could see getting. I have had one for twenty years and never used it. What about mud flaps? Any real value. First aid kit, really? Any feedback on the options on the limitied.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Once you have chosen the limited edition, it seems all the options are there. There are a few that they stick you with. Apparently, you have no choice. Are any of them worth anything? I asked about the bumper application and the scant feedback I got was unenthusiastic. The weeklocks are cheap on Amazon and I am a huge fan of Weathertech for the rear deck and floor mats. 20 years of SUV driving, I have never used a cargo net or that cover. The tow hitch is one that if I needed I could see getting. I have had one for twenty years and never used it. What about mud flaps? Any real value. First aid kit, really? Any feedback on the options on the limitied.
Those are not options, they're accessories. Meaning they can be installed (or removed) after the car is built. As opposed to optional equipment, which must be installed in the car during the manufacturing process (like the packages that are available on the SEL).

Yes, a few of the accessories come with the car. Seems like everyone is getting a different selection (although we all get the first aid kit, it seems). It's not worth trying to have them removed to save a few bucks. Compared to the price of the car, they're cheap, and dealers don't want to end up with spare parts. Someone on this forum reported that the dealer refused to remove them.

Ours came with the following accessories: carpeted floor mats, first aid kit, cargo net and cargo cover. We also had the dealership add the following accessories: bumper applique, mudguards and the cargo tray up seat back (which is a carpeted mat for the cargo area that also covers the back of the 3rd-row seats - they also sell a mat that only covers the cargo area and not the back of the seats).

The bumper applique is small and is meant to prevent scratches when loading or unloading. It's not to prevent dings when people bump into you. I think the mudguards are worth it, although these are small-ish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts